Talk

Advanced search

HELP HEL P HELP- Boden Riviara dress.....got to decide by tomorrow

(12 Posts)
mrsmerryweather Thu 02-Jul-09 14:41:37

Anyone bought one?

Is this is frumpy dress or is it nice- got it in green.www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/WH134/Womens-Riviera-Dress.html

Thanks to MNs I ordered 2 yesterday express delivery cos I need one!

Trying on now- the 8 is a tad tigth round waist/under bust but the 10 is slightly too large across the bust.

Have you washed yours and did it shrink?

lucykate Thu 02-Jul-09 14:44:00

not looked at the link yet, but just to warn you, there is a possibility that the boden sale starts tomorrow

lucykate Thu 02-Jul-09 14:46:00

i don't think it's frumpy, the green fabric they've used is designed by quite a well know fabric designer (except i've forgotten her name!)

mrsmerryweather Thu 02-Jul-09 14:59:03

thanks LK_ I know about the sale- but off on hols Sat and need it now really....

anniemac Thu 02-Jul-09 15:01:06

Message withdrawn

MangoJuggler Thu 02-Jul-09 15:02:45

No will not shrink

get the 10 as you will be sweating a lot in Spain envy

mrsmerryweather Thu 02-Jul-09 15:18:51

I intend to chop a good 3 inches off the length whichever one I keep!

I think the 10 is too big on the bust- it gapes a bit at the back neckline.

wifeofdoom Thu 02-Jul-09 20:42:56

I've just got one but am returning it - looked frumpy on me (but I am a 14/16) so prob looks much better on you!

fishie Thu 02-Jul-09 20:53:08

keep the 8 this is jersey not sailcloth. it borders on frumpy anyway so baggy is diaster. good luck to you if it suits because i bet the fabric is really nice and swishy.

mrsmerryweather Thu 02-Jul-09 21:04:22

Riviera- oh dear- DH hates it- the colour, pattern etc etc. I am not so sure- the green is much brighter than on the web- I quite like it but not just me.

Looks like it's going back- so if you want an 8 or a 10 in green, there will be one next week inthe sale!

I have now got my eye on the perfect shift in purple.

If anyone has bought it I'd be keen to know about sizing- the under bust measurement is tiny in an 8- something like 26 inches!

BunnyLebowski Thu 02-Jul-09 21:06:39

I was reading your thread yest MrsMerry and you are quite short?

The dress looks quite long? If so it might look a bit frumpy.

mrsmerryweather Thu 02-Jul-09 21:08:33

I am short- 5' 3"- even pinning the hem up ( ahem) about 3 inches it looks frumpy.....a bit 1950s but not quite IYSWIM. I think the skirt just looks a bit full.......for me anyway- might be great if you are taller.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now