Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone shopped at at one of those designer outlets in Tuscany - e.g. Prada Outlet in Montevarchi?

(3 Posts)
krugerparkrules Thu 02-Jul-09 12:25:31

We will be in tuscany in august, and will be fairly near some of those big designer outlets ... prada and also the Dolce and Gabbana, and The MAll ...

Has anyone visited these type of outlets on their holiday or for a visit - are they worthwhile to go to .. any tips?

we have 10 days, so would like to do a spot of shopping, but wouldnt want to "waste" half a day if not worthwhile!

FritziGreenEyes Thu 02-Jul-09 19:57:57

The Prada outlet is the best (although a bit tricky to find). Be there early as busloads of Japanese tourists might be there later in the day. I went there two years ago and still wear the things that I bought back then (classic trenchcoat, Miu Miu sandals). It is also not far from Arezzo and you should definitely make time for a visit. It is a beautiful town with absolutely charming restaurants around the market place and more shopping opportunities. The Mall is also great and you can find really great bargains (my husband got loads of nice Italian ties!). Enjoy your holiday!

krugerparkrules Thu 02-Jul-09 21:53:33

thanks for that FGE - looking forward to dipping in to the prada outlet - will go early to avoid the tourists (which i am too of course!)
thank you as welll for the tip about arezzo - will do tha as well ....
did you hire a car when you where there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now