Talk

Advanced search

I've got a £20 gift card for Dotty Perkins. What should I buy? I woefully need something cool to wear

(9 Posts)
MamaG Thu 02-Jul-09 11:02:11

5 3
brown hair(!)
size 16 blush but working on it
v large of nork
good legs

MamaG Thu 02-Jul-09 11:04:01

....and I detest cropped trousers with a passion!

MamaG Thu 02-Jul-09 11:08:16

did think about something like this but I 'm not convinced about those darts around teh groin!

MamaG Thu 02-Jul-09 11:10:49

do you think that would be unflattering in a "big fat arse" way? I don't have a big bum

mejon Thu 02-Jul-09 12:57:12

Cool as in 'hip and trendy' or cool as in something for this weather. If the latter, I would have thought a denim penicl skirt would be the last thing to wear. I was in there yesterday and I bought this . I'm 5'1 and a size 18 and I'm still not convinced it doesn't look like a maternity dress but it is thin cotton and the sleeves are ok. I was going to wear it with cropped jeans (sorry blush). They had some nice long-ish linen shorts if you're after shorts.

flier Thu 02-Jul-09 13:15:53

i bought that yesterday too mejon. I, like you, am not convinced about it though. Was thinking of wearing it with either cropped jeans or black leggings.

flier Thu 02-Jul-09 13:17:16

this looks nice didn't see it in store

brokenspacebar Thu 02-Jul-09 13:21:52

this is fitted on the norks but has gentle skimming over the middle, which is nice... bit dairymaid, but I have to say it is cool, easy to wear and doesn't cling... available in red or black and white I think, I got the red to wear with linen trousers.

MamaG Thu 02-Jul-09 14:02:55

cool as in temperature, not "down wiv da kids"

I'm not good with dresses, as a rule. Find they hang from my norks and make me look fatter than I am, or the waist is in the wrong place as I have a short body and long legs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now