Talk

Advanced search

a sunblock that REALLY works?

(5 Posts)
vannah Wed 01-Jul-09 20:41:11

hi
my daughter has had a recent burns accident and consequently must be well protected in the sun. Even the slightest colour from the sun will result in a permanent discolouration as her skin has not fully healed yet.

So I have protective clothing and am trying to keep her out of the sun this year, but for short trips to the shops - best sun block?
I have asian complexion and my husband is white, but our daugther is more my skin colour. In the past I have found high factor sun creams to be totally useless on me, I still colour and all of my family say the same - that they actually get darker with sun block! (we are not staying out in the sun for long) so in the last couple of years I stopped using it.
Im sure my theory that sun block actually doesnt protect you from the sun is warped. Does anyone have a good experience of a totally effective block/cream?
thanks

PortBlacksandResident Wed 01-Jul-09 20:50:22

Gosh - your poor daughter. Maybe your GP can advise on the very best ones to use. For TOTAL block i think those zinc ones the cricketers wear may be the best option. Or at the very least a pharmacist can advise you.

vannah Wed 01-Jul-09 21:59:57

thankyou, ok will try gp

poshwellies Wed 01-Jul-09 22:07:39

P20 is a good block although not high factor.Googled and found this-sounds good though!.

fishie Wed 01-Jul-09 22:11:21

you need a complete barrier not a protection, am sure gp will help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now