Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Do you only take hand luggage on holiday?

(6 Posts)
ThePhantomPlopper Wed 01-Jul-09 14:47:55

I am doing this at the end of the month, a week in Spain, childless so don't need kids gubbins or 30 changes of clothes due to grubby ice cream hands and faces.

What do you take?

So far I have.

2 x bikini.
1 pair of white linen trousers.
1 pair of white tailored shorts.
1 pair of denim shorts for the beach.
3 x vest tops.
1 beach cover up.
1 pair of boyfriend jeans for travelling.
1 short sleeved cardigan for travelling.
2 x dresses (1 casual and 1 evening)
1 pair of birkies.
1 pair of wedges (travel in these).
1 pair of black leather flip flops.
1 beach towel.

What have I forgotten?

I'm buying all toiletries in Gatwick when we're through customs, can be arsed decanting into clear bottles.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 01-Jul-09 14:50:26

Do you need to take the beach towel? That will take up a lot of room.

Personally I would take more tops than you have, but not sure if you're planning on just being round the pool/on the beach all day every day!

cyanarasamba Wed 01-Jul-09 14:54:26

Pants!

ThePhantomPlopper Wed 01-Jul-09 14:57:46

Yes I need more tops.

Not just a beach holiday, we'll be off be exploring.

Beach towel was £3 from Matalan, it's the thinnest, smallest beach towel imaginable, I can shove it in DH's bag.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 01-Jul-09 14:57:46

How hot will it be where you are in the evening? Will you need to take something to keep warm - a long sleeved cardigan or a wrap of some kind?

ThePhantomPlopper Wed 01-Jul-09 14:59:06

Oh God yes pants.

Not sure what the temp will be like in the evening, will take a cardigan just in case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: