Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Leg measurement... help!

(9 Posts)
OutOfThinHair Tue 30-Jun-09 02:17:40

I want to buy someone some boots. I know her taste in footwear and am sure she'll love them, but they seem unduly high, to such an extent that they might reach her knee - she's not terribly tall y'see (she is terribly gorgeous though).

Said Boot

If you're a woman of modest height, say about 5'3", could you be so kind as to measure the distance from the floor (when standing in bare or socked feet) to the bottom of your knee. By "bottom of your knee" I mean the point at which you'd be happy for a boot to reach up to, IYSWIM.

Better still, if you've got said boot in size 36 and you're 5'3" and it fits you perfectly, just tell me that!

OutOfThinHair Tue 30-Jun-09 10:43:14

Bumping for people who have legs during the day time.

LilRedWG Tue 30-Jun-09 17:19:48

I'm too tall I'm afraid, but you can buy them for me if you like.

BUMP!

diedandgonetodevon Tue 30-Jun-09 17:34:34

I'm 5'3" but can't find a tape measure. At a guestimate I don't have much more than 12" below my knee [shortarse emoticon]

The boots do look very tall, but also beautiful!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 30-Jun-09 17:50:17

I'm just over 5 feet tall, and it's 14 inches from floor to knee.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 30-Jun-09 17:57:36

surely they are meant to be knee high boots?

OutOfThinHair Tue 30-Jun-09 19:02:34

Okay, so 14" seems about the size of things. And said boots are 14" and a smidgen.

And yes, they're meant to be knee high, but you wouldn't want them ON your kneecap presumably, hence the question.

I shall purchase forthwith and hope for the best.

Thanks all.

GingerIgnoramus Tue 30-Jun-09 19:06:07

WHY WHY WHY are oyu buying £££ boots?

OutOfThinHair Wed 01-Jul-09 00:05:04

Because they get arsey in the shop if you steal them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now