Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Things you don't want to hear while having a Brazilian wax... "Oh, dear, this has never happened to me before...

(9 Posts)
emeraldgirl1 Mon 29-Jun-09 22:06:31

... I have seen it happen once, though!"

Basically, the waxer (first and last time I will use her!) managed to in her words 'take off a layer of skin' in an extremely delicate area ('round the back', for brazilian waxing afficianados blush )

It didn't actually hurt, well, not any more than brazilian waxing does usually. But I've spent all day freaking out that it's going to get infected. Plus DH informs me, after some very brave and selfless investigation on his part, that it's more of a 'gouge' than just a layer of skin taken off.

And I PAID for this!! My friend has said I should have refused to pay up, but it was a crowded salon and I was far too embarrassed even to consider it.

I must have had 100 Brazilian waxes over the years, this has never come close to happening. And it was a reputable salon, too!! angry

Sazisi Mon 29-Jun-09 22:13:06

yikes shock
damn right you shouldn't have paid!

More of a gouge?!! Maybe you can get a look at it yourself with a mirror.
And put savlon or something on it if you haven't already.

LovingtheSilverFox Mon 29-Jun-09 22:21:23

wooch! I am considering doing the whole brazillian thing, but this has kind of stopped me in my tracks. Try TCP savlon. Keep it clean, use wet cotton wool or something after using the lav, and....well, I would normally say let the air get to it, but that really depends on your lifestyle!

Calamansi Mon 29-Jun-09 22:22:01

ouch shock hope you're ok...

emeraldgirl1 Mon 29-Jun-09 22:23:21

Yes, I've got the savlon, and anti-bac wipes!

As for getting a look myself with mirror, I have to say that this is one of many times I've valued my wonderful DH... We've had many funny old times over the last 13 years, but I have to say one of the funniest was him shining a torch for a better look at the problem area... blush

emeraldgirl1 Mon 29-Jun-09 22:25:40

LovingtheSilverFox, I know it sounds odd after my, ahem, incident, but honestly, I would try a Brazilian if I were you. Even this won't put me off for good, that's how much I prefer them to reg. waxes.

Oh, and lol at 'letting the air get to it'!!

LovingtheSilverFox Mon 29-Jun-09 22:40:37

I am a little embarrassed to know how to go about it TBH. How do I find a good waxer in that area, in my area iyswim! I don't really feel comfortable asking friend's about their habits....any advice?

emeraldgirl1 Mon 29-Jun-09 22:58:57

Well, if you're in or near a large city, I'd do a little bit of research on the hair/beauty salons that say they offer brazilian waxing... I'm in London so there are loads, obviously, but my friends in other cities get them done, too, so I'm sure it's just a question of finding somewhere local. Hotel beauty salons might not be a bad place to start, as they may be more likely to offer it and most importantly to be well-run and professional salons - the last thing you want is a trainee having a go down there!

As for how to approach actually having the wax, I'd suggest starting it a bit more gently - when I first got it done, I had nowhere near as much 'taken off' as I do now. Bit by bit I got less uncomfortable and less embarrassed and more and more came off!

Plus I'd suggest taking a painkiller a little beforehand - it takes the edge off.

But it really isn't (for me, at least) as painful as you think it will be. Honestly, the worst is over very quickly!

Oh, and I'd definitely go for somewhere that does 'hot' waxing rather than what they call 'strip' waxing. It's about 50% less painfull and helps with ingrowns.

Ummm... I think that's all! But put it this way - I first had it done because my DH was curious and begged me to try it. Now, even if he hated it, I'd be getting it done anyway. It's not for everyone, but for me it just makes me feel so much cleaner and fresher in that area!! I don't know anyone who's tried it who hasn't stuck with that, if that helps!

glitterstar88 Tue 30-Jun-09 14:10:38

Lovingthesilverfox, just seen your in Essex, if your near chelmsford then theres someone i have used. Shes great. Has her own salon at her house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now