Talk

Advanced search

Going on holiday on Friday, current clothes too big, next size down to small, what to do?

(14 Posts)
bargainhuntingbetty Mon 29-Jun-09 19:01:32

Just as the title says really. Have managed to lose 8lb so far and my current clothes are getting too big but have just tried some of my next size down ones and they are still tight. HELP. What do I do?

naomi83 Mon 29-Jun-09 19:02:36

go to town and buy a few bits and bobs from new look/primark/h&m?

bargainhuntingbetty Mon 29-Jun-09 19:07:15

Seem to be losing weight quite quickly now tho and am worried about spending money when I may need new clothes in a couple of weeks time again. Also I am not sure if I have time to go shopping I have had guests all weekend and they are just away and I have done nothhing to prepare for hols and kids are off school now.

bargainhuntingbetty Mon 29-Jun-09 19:20:11

?????????

aarghhelp Mon 29-Jun-09 23:46:55

? nice belts?

BitOfFun Mon 29-Jun-09 23:59:05

Keep the too-big ones: if you're anything like me you will swell up in the heat grin

HeliumBee Tue 30-Jun-09 14:08:29

SLightly large clothes would look (and feel) better than too small clothes...

fishie Tue 30-Jun-09 14:09:49

get some new ones. maybe a loose fitting dress and a vest top or two. you won't want to wear old small clothes anyway so try to get something that will still be good if you shrink further.

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 30-Jun-09 15:47:47

A Dress??? Are you mad, I dont do dresses I am a size 18 (well think 17 now lol) andd I cant be seen in dresses. shock. The horror.

naomi83 Tue 30-Jun-09 17:02:07

very flattering, and in the sale

lovely, can be dressed up or down for day or evening

fishie Tue 30-Jun-09 21:01:51

of course you can wear a dress. that simply be one is lovely and really betty it is bargaintastic you must try it.

how is this?

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 01-Jul-09 10:09:23

those dresses are lovely but I really dont have the confidence to wear one. Its jeanss only Im afraid even in 30degrees. I am not that body confident.

flowerybeanbag Wed 01-Jul-09 10:14:27

If the next size down clothes you already have are too tight, would going shopping be worthwhile anyway? Presumably the size down in the shops would be too tight as well?

I'd just go with your slightly too big clothes, wearing clothes a bit too big will keep you cool and make you look slim.

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 01-Jul-09 15:47:22

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now