Talk

Advanced search

Ouch! I know beauty is pain and all that but please can someone advise on my hideously painful blister?

(10 Posts)
OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Jun-09 15:33:32

I was going to post this in Health but think that Style is prolly more appropriate as it was a high heels + hot afternoon followed by some serious dancing at the weekend which lead to the worst blister I think I've ever had. I was dancing barefoot by the end of the night and (TMI WARNING) the blister had popped and a flap of skin had come off and now it's just red and sore and looks like this: angry

Don't want to run the risk of annoying anyone on the manky foot thread but what is the best way of making sure it heels fast. It is SORE.

Current method of attack is giving it lots of breathing room and avoiding wearing shoes (instead wearing flops) but anything else I can do to ease the pain?

TIA
smile

Cerened Mon 29-Jun-09 15:39:01

You need some of these

Or normal plasters that have silver in - it will heal much quicker with those, instead of leaving to air etc

Is there a lackey in MN towers that could run out and get you some?

CMOTdibbler Mon 29-Jun-09 15:42:42

I like these. They really do heal blisters fast, and stop it drying out and cracking

Cerened Mon 29-Jun-09 15:43:08

grin

"...but what is the best way of making sure it heels fast?"

Was that typo intentional Olivia?

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Jun-09 16:09:43

blush at pain induced typo, esp as blister is on my big toe.
Sadly am not at the Towers today but will ask my own personal lackey DH to get some of your magic plasters on his way home.
It would help if I stopped banging under the table.

OW OW OW

Cerened Mon 29-Jun-09 16:12:48

Wait till you put it in the bath <ouch>

EyeballsandherSunburntNorks Mon 29-Jun-09 16:18:00

If it's on your big toe, why not just wear flip flops and leave it to do as nature intended?

<<tuts>>

Kids of today...

<<wanders off muttering>>

MadreInglese Mon 29-Jun-09 16:19:00

I second the scholl ones CMOTdibbler linked to, I had a horrendous blister a few weeks ago and these sorted it out almost overnight, helped ease the pain straight away too.

EyeballsandherSunburntNorks Mon 29-Jun-09 16:19:00

<<eyeballs sneaks out of room quietly having properly read the OP>> blush

andiem Mon 29-Jun-09 17:19:51

you definitely need a blister plaster of some sort
do not let it dry out wounds need to be kept warm and moist to heal
covering it with a blister plaster will also help with the pain smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now