Talk

Advanced search

It's hot. I feel podgy. I want to look nice on my day out.

(14 Posts)
MrsSeanBean Mon 29-Jun-09 13:18:50

Please suggest something for me to wear today.

I have most things in my wardrobe but am having an 'off day' where everything I try on looks/ feels bad. I need MNers to give me a failsafe combo as I am going out this afternoon, having my hair done, a bit of retail therapy, and want to feel/ look ok.

I have most items in my wardrobe so most suggestions would be possible.

I am size 12 but feel about 16 atm due to bloating. I am 5ft 5, pear shaped and bust size 32D.

Thanks.

MrsSeanBean Mon 29-Jun-09 13:25:52

I have on - at the moment - black cropped trousers and orange/coral coloured v neck top. Scruffy but favourite flip flops. Scruffy hair (as having it done later). Not a good look I feel, but will it 'do'? I was going to take along my pumpkin (orange) coloured Mulberry Bayswater, but I just feel shite wrong somehow.

fishie Mon 29-Jun-09 13:27:51

not black trousers, have you got a skirt? orange top and bag sounds really nice. i believe we are meant to be clashing our colours, so say a magenta or bright blue something (bangle? necklace?) would be good.

JulesJules Mon 29-Jun-09 13:30:19

Size 12? You are weeny!

I'm sure you look fab in everything, esp with new hairdo. It's not that hot up here (North East) -come and have a cup of tea, we can sit in the garden in big cardis. I am prob twice your size, it will make you feel much better.

Or... jeans, white shirt and big necklace?

JulesJules Mon 29-Jun-09 13:32:02

with your Mulberry envy

MrsSeanBean Mon 29-Jun-09 13:32:17

Yes can do skirts - should skirt be clashing too? Have pale denim (thin type), pink/orange patterned linen, navy, white...

Supplementary question: How long/short does skirt length have to be before fake leg tan becomes advisable? (As I am pasty on top of everything else.)

MrsSeanBean Mon 29-Jun-09 13:33:23

Jules you are very kind, thank you! Would love to do tea and big cardi, feel much more comfortable covered up.

fishie Mon 29-Jun-09 13:48:46

what colour are shoes? i'd do denim

JulesJules Mon 29-Jun-09 13:52:27

I will put kettle on. Please bring Mulberry so I can lick it stroke it admire it.

MrsSeanBean Mon 29-Jun-09 13:54:29

shoes flip-flops are black with little red/multi/shell coloured buttons on the straps.

Other shoe options are:
red patent bballet punps;
navy ballet pumps;
hot pink suede sandals (they rub my feet though); or
black suede sandals. Oh... and some ancient red skinny strap sandals.

fishie Mon 29-Jun-09 15:01:36

hot pink or red would fulfil the clashing thing. but you are probably at the hairdressers by now...

MrsSeanBean Mon 29-Jun-09 21:28:33

I am back from the hairdressers and have clashing tint to match my clothes blush - was talked into going 'coppery'. hmm Remaon unconvinced. Mentioned I was dubious before leaving the salon and had 50% knocked off the cost though. Thing is, this worries me as I feel it could be an admission the stylist also thought it looked well dodgy.

DH likes it. What more need I say..?

fishie Tue 30-Jun-09 08:40:53

if you look nice in orange then coppery should be fine too. all yellow based... result with 50% off now you can buy more shoes.

MrsSeanBean Wed 01-Jul-09 15:23:51

grin... silver lining!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now