Talk

Advanced search

How much bra/strap is acceptable???

(65 Posts)
FAQinglovely Mon 29-Jun-09 12:21:23

or is the answer not at all?

I've got on of my spaghetti strap tops on today - and my bra straps are showing it's not a good look is it?

Shoulder I put my (hot and uncomfortable) strapless bra on or change into a short sleeved top???

themoon Mon 29-Jun-09 12:24:57

Now, you see, I don't think it is a bad look if its very hot and a casual look you are going for. I wouldn't do it if it was a polished, sophisticated evening event though.

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Mon 29-Jun-09 12:26:15

What colours are the bra strap and top?

I prefer not being able to see bra straps but realise I am lucky as I don't need to wear a bra.

FAQinglovely Mon 29-Jun-09 12:27:41

well it is very hot here today (must be as DH says it as well grin) and I've got a pair of cropped trousers on with it - so very casual.

I just grew up being told that bra straps should NEVER been seen, even a hint of sight of a bra was not good so having some of it "on show" just feels weird........

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Mon 29-Jun-09 12:28:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BreevandercampLGJ Mon 29-Jun-09 12:28:51

NONE. grin

FAQinglovely Mon 29-Jun-09 12:28:53

the bra is white (and it's still a brilliant clean white as it's still very new), the top is light blue

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Mon 29-Jun-09 12:30:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FAQinglovely Mon 29-Jun-09 12:30:28

oh no there's not back or fastener on show - occasionally possibly a glimpse of the very top of the cups where the strap meets them though.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 29-Jun-09 12:31:25

that sounds fine, it's dirty greying bras that look dreadful.

The contrast of white and blue will be nice. I like contrasting 'carrie' looks.

TrillianAstrahasaJOB Mon 29-Jun-09 12:33:14

If you have a strappy top on your bra straps are going to be visible. This is fine. No need for a strapless bra. Don't worry.

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Mon 29-Jun-09 12:34:07

That sounds fine smile

FAQinglovely Mon 29-Jun-09 13:03:30

really so it's ok - even if I occasionally flash a bit of the top of the cup (it's a pretty lacy one grin)

MrsSeanBean Mon 29-Jun-09 13:10:13

I was pondering this the other day.

Apparently it is better if the bra strap is coloured - i.e. not black or white. Why this should bbe I don't know.

Also, I would like to know: do these people who nwear turquoise and cerise bras also have an endless supply of matching briefs? Or do they just wear a bright coloured bra and non-matching briefs?

willali Mon 29-Jun-09 13:12:13

I specifically bought some coloured T shirt bras to go with srappy tops so it looks like the straps are on show on purpose as opposed to the grey, fraying bra straps you do sometimes see. I think strapless bras often look worse as they make boobs look a funny shape (or is that just me hmm)

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 29-Jun-09 13:17:17

As it is sparklingly fresh and clean this makes it a bit more acceptable. I do agree with what others have said though about brighter coloured bras being a bit prettier and looks like they "should" be on show iykwim. For example, bright blue/pink bra under similar coloured vest top.

<<MrsSeanBean I tend to wear black or white pants regardless of bra colour. However only dh "knows" and probably doesn't care/notice - I don't have them on show!>>

fortyplus Mon 29-Jun-09 13:19:57

MrsSeanBean coloured bras with non-matching knickers here! grin

I worry about people who obsess about matching underwear wink

FAQinglovely Mon 29-Jun-09 13:20:28

I have posh proper fitted strapless bras wink

I do have a pink bra - but it's on the washing line at the moment (wet) - plus I think I'd end up with more than just a little bit of cup peeking out - especially under the arms grin

MrsSeanBean Mon 29-Jun-09 13:21:47

Good point creme egg!

I still feel a bit odd in non matching though, as I see/ know IYSWIM, and it sometimes puts me off if the first mirror inspection is off-kilter.

I am aware I am a little bit odd though! wink

FAQinglovely Mon 29-Jun-09 13:22:19

oh the bra I have on has pretty little ribbon bow thing (great description hey blush at the front on the straps......

MrsSeanBean Mon 29-Jun-09 13:23:12

<makes mental note to buy some coloured bras>

ScarletBandit Mon 29-Jun-09 13:23:29

Coloured bras and non-matching knickers here too! grin I love my brightly coloured bras, but really don't have any inclination to go looking for matching sets!

A bit of visible bra strap is fine imo (except when it is grubby or fraying as others have said!)

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 29-Jun-09 13:23:46

Wearing "matching" underwear is something that is on my to do list once the dcs are older. I have a few standards like this that have temporarily fallen down the wayside. At the moment it is a bonus that the pants and bras are clean tbh, anything else is a luxury. grin

I will also start moisturising my elbows regularly, having regular face packs etc!

Stilla Mon 29-Jun-09 13:26:06

I have lots bright coloured sets - but also have a few bright bras and have bought some mix & match knickers ( I like the sililar but not exact match look smile). One thing I can't stand though.......strappy tops with clear plastic bra straps, Ewwwwwwwwwww

FAQinglovely Mon 29-Jun-09 13:29:27

it's this sort of bra strap on them (not identical - but I can't find mine on their anymore}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now