Talk

Advanced search

Need help with Cosmetic Clinic Start up!

(7 Posts)
hoteljunkie Mon 29-Jun-09 10:50:29

Hi I'm a doctor( with 2 little ones) who has just started up a private cosmetic clinic. I'm doing it part time and around childcare etc. I offer things like Botox, dermal fillers, chemical peels etc. Ive always worked in the NHS and am finding it really hard to market myself. Any ideas? What would you want in a clinic like this? I'be grateful for any advise!

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Mon 29-Jun-09 10:57:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hoteljunkie Mon 29-Jun-09 11:11:52

yeah I'm offering that. its just so hard to compete with the big national clinics.i've just started up a website with treatment descriptions/pros and cons and prices so hopefully that will help.

missmelly Mon 29-Jun-09 11:46:38

could you go to peoples homes to give the treatments? eg botox? this and being cheaper than the larger companies, and definitely free consultations. That's what puts me off, being charged £80 or so before I've even stepped in the door.

goingslowlyroundthebend Mon 29-Jun-09 11:51:01

Where are you based? I know a couple of people who are doing this and it seems their business grows through word of mouth. I know one person who treats another who sort of acts like an ambassador for her and quietly invites friends round.

goingslowlyroundthebend Mon 29-Jun-09 11:52:10

You could also ring the dental surgeries in your area. Lots here also offer cosmetic treatment and maybe they might need freelancers.

hoteljunkie Mon 29-Jun-09 17:12:06

Hi goingslowlyroundthebend i'm based in birmingham. yeah youre right i havent tried the dentists. the trouble is they often do it themselves. Nurses tend to do it as well and will sometimes undercut the doctors...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now