Talk

Advanced search

Reiss - only for tall, skinny types?

(7 Posts)
Feelingoptimistic Mon 29-Jun-09 10:35:46

I went to Reiss yesterday, hoping to maybe find some things for work in the sales. But it just confirmed to me yet again that I can't do Reiss. I am quite petite, and so all the jackets I tried on were too long in the body, if you know what I mean. Also, all their clothes seem to look a bit the same every season... Or maybe it's just me...
So do I have a strange body or is Reiss designed for model types?

(On the bright side, while I had set out to buy work clothes, I spotted a lovely summer jumpsuit in Noa Noa - just waiting for my size to arrive !)

BikeRunSki Mon 29-Jun-09 10:40:24

Reiss would appear to be for tall skinny types, yes.

I am tall, but not skinny.

Even a size or two bigger than my normal 14 does not fit in Reiss. Especially in trousers, where they appear to think everyone has twiglets for legs, regardless of waist size.

EldonAve Mon 29-Jun-09 12:19:14

I think they are for skinny types but no idea on height
My friend buys lots there and she is 5'5

Have you tried Ted Baker?

sifuentes Mon 29-Jun-09 12:20:43

I always have this issue with Reiss - they're clothes look amazing on the hanger but not on my and I am quite a normal 5ft f size ten type character. Mind you I am not very straight up and down so praps they are for tall androgenous types.
snotfair

Feelingoptimistic Mon 29-Jun-09 12:43:03

Might have to try Ted Baker - thanks.
I am a size 6 to 8, but only 5'3, so obviously just the wrong height and shape. Joseph stuff fits me really well (trousers obviously have to be taken up but that's not a problem). Pity Joseph is so expensive...

sifuentes Mon 29-Jun-09 12:46:19

If you fit joseph then Zara and Mango will be great for you too - sounds like you have a french/spanish shape. Lucky!

Right I have asnwered almost every thread on here. Must get a life do some work

Katiekitty Mon 29-Jun-09 13:28:36

Biggest size in Reiss? It's a size 14!

Their stuff is rather small in the back I find...

I notice that the numbers and letters lady on Countdown wears quite a bit of Reiss. Not sure what that tells us though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now