Talk

Advanced search

What are you wearing on holiday? I'm size 14, 40 year old need some advice?

(10 Posts)
Starbear Mon 29-Jun-09 09:18:45

I'm off to Northern Spain in July. I'm too chubby for my liking. There is a beach but, it's not a tourist spot. Just think North Devon with everyone speaking Spanish. I hate the thought of chubby legs rubbing together in a dress and becoming sore! blush I'm staying with my aunt who is lovely but very polished. How can I not embarrass her?

fishie Mon 29-Jun-09 09:24:27

what shape are you? i saw some lanacane anti rub stuff advertised, worth a try?

Starbear Mon 29-Jun-09 10:32:39

fat tummy, big hips & fat legs. Top half not to bad but fatter than 5 years ago. Can't blame ds but since he was born sad can't wwear heels due to the fact I have flat feet.

CountessDracula Mon 29-Jun-09 10:40:38

If you are size 14 you are hardly a whale
get some flattering dresses and wear cycling shorts type knicks if legs rub

Starbear Mon 29-Jun-09 19:36:35

fishie Thanks brought some in the shops today

duckyfuzz Mon 29-Jun-09 19:39:22

I'm size 14, age 38, and I will be wearing wide leg linen trousers with quite fitted tops because then I look slimmer, flattering dresses that skim my hips and hide my tum and not-too-high wedges, because I don't do heels

AnyoneForPimms Mon 29-Jun-09 20:58:52

40 and size 14 here too.

Sound very similar to OP.smile

Love wide leg linen trousers, smock tops and dresses that fall nicely over my big belly (3DC's)

fishie Mon 29-Jun-09 21:10:01

maxi dress! or..

nice shape

only in 16+ but could ring to enquire

Starbear Tue 30-Jun-09 19:32:04

Like both dresses but might be too short. But I'll have a look and try them on. Nothing worse than giving tips and the op not having a go. I love shirt dresses might hunt them out!

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Jun-09 21:31:32

I am 38 and size 14 and what I am wearing would not inspire you at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now