Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL or any of the other Schwarzkopf hair dyes?

(45 Posts)
Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 18:01:27

and what colour did you use and was it a good product?

cocolepew Sun 28-Jun-09 18:03:11

I used a red one years ago and wasn't impressed, but can't remember why. I was looking for their new gloss one, but haven't found it.
The Garnier 10 minutes one is great.

BONKERZ Sun 28-Jun-09 18:05:09

i use the blue one.....not sure of the actual name but its gorgeous blue/black colour, leaves my hair really shiny!

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 18:07:31

thank you ... i was fancying a red or purple colour. just can;'t get to the hair dressers for a while. and i have roots!!

i had a colour middle of may and it was really faded and almost gone 3 weeks later

ShowOfHands Sun 28-Jun-09 18:08:15

Did mine purple a couple of days ago. Love it. Really love it.

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 18:09:20

i don;t use loreal or garnier ( part of nestlé) whihc does reduce choice of hair colour massively

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 18:16:07

oooh, do you remember which one it was called.. was your hair dark to start with?

janeite Sun 28-Jun-09 18:21:36

I've used several in the past, most recently the purple ones. They give good strong colour and make hair shiny BUT they contain loads of bleach and are very bad for hair, according to my hairdresser anyway!

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 18:25:02

oh, bleach not good. my hair is quite damaged in parts

bum

serenity Sun 28-Jun-09 18:49:41

I've used the red one and the blue/black one in the past and they're really nice. Now I use the black one, and the red highlighting one and they're fine too (prefer a different highlighting one, that I can never remember the name of, but they only sell in Superdrug, because the red lasts longer)

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 19:29:34

do you find it leaves your hair in good condition?

i know the highlighting kit you mean, i have it in pink and still too scared to use it. have used the blonde one...

harleyd Sun 28-Jun-09 19:35:19

ive the damson wine one in atm
i use the cyber purple, red/black, cosmic blue and red passion regularly too

serenity Sun 28-Jun-09 19:40:51

It comes out nice and shiny and soft - the highlighting kit's a bit harsher, my coloured bits have gone a bit dry, but that's because I've done the same bits 3 or 4 times rather than just redo the roots (lazy, plus it's hard to see!) I think that would happen with any home bleach kit that gets over used. The standard dyes are fine.

fishie Sun 28-Jun-09 19:48:35

how much grey have you got lulu? i think i have about 25% (not that i have seen it ever). i use this daniel field stuff

any of the 'radiant' ones will give you brightish results on grey and a reddish/purple hue on rest of hair - just choose according to how light you want it. is cheap enough to have a try.

i am fond of it because i do not like using bleach on my hair and need a blue or red based colour, most are orangy. it lasts longer with aveda / non soap based shampoo.

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 20:10:18

thank you ,that is really good. i am not going for highlights as my hair is damaged from too much highlighting and straightening.

do the colours come out like they look on the box then? sounds like they are good

i have v little grey a few strands at teh most.

sure i used to use daniel field stuff years ago.. but they don;t seem to sell it anywhere

also used to love the nicky clarke ones, the black=currant and chilli shades. but they don't sell those in boots anymore, tehy were semi colours and really nice.

harleyd Sun 28-Jun-09 20:11:32

oh, some of the fudge paintbox ones are nice too

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 20:12:23

which colour do you use , fishie?

AnnieLobeseder Sun 28-Jun-09 20:12:50

I used the purple. It was a damn fine colour but every time my hair get wet for the next months I dripped pink everywhere. Didn't last all that long either.

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 20:13:12

are they mail order only?

Lulumama Sun 28-Jun-09 20:14:45

that;s not so good in the rainy weather !

cookielove Sun 28-Jun-09 20:15:05

don't do it, i dyed mine red well over a month ago and i am still leaking pink, i went to a day spa about 2 weeks ago and dyed about 20 towels red and pink

cookielove Sun 28-Jun-09 20:16:30

on the plus side my hair still has lots of red in it

AnnieLobeseder Sun 28-Jun-09 20:17:58

LOL, Cookie - I went to a spa just after doing mine too, and dyed all their lovely white towels pink! Don't mind my own so much (just used the burgundy one) but it was quite embarassing!

But the purple was really, really cool while it lasted....

fishie Sun 28-Jun-09 20:26:34

yes they are mail order only. worth it though - i do it very slightly hotter and leave on for an hour for really bright results. i wouldn't wear a white top with wet hair and it runs red when washing hair for a couple of goes, but doesn't come off at all when dry. it doesn't stain skin either.

i have been using burgundy which is a lovely purple but it is a bit dark for me - am naturally a darkish mouse. have mahogony atm but it is too brown. will be back to radiant red next, i think it is what i originally had, nice and bright.

cookielove Sun 28-Jun-09 20:26:41

It wasn't so bad cause i could just chuck most of them into the towel bin, however i made the mistake of having my hair wet when i had my massage, got up from the table and it was such a dark stain, although the lady was very nice about it.

just found the conditioner from the packet and it was actually garnier 100% i used, so don't use that one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now