Talk

Advanced search

anyone else's hair go really frizzy in this humidity?

(10 Posts)
kissmummy Sat 27-Jun-09 21:12:57

and if so what do you do to look good despite the frizziness?
i have fine hair which looks best blow dried straight. it only needs a hint of moisture in the air for it to transform into an unflattering frizzy, curly mess. i hate it. it has been about 95pc humidity where we are in the last couple of days and it's looking baaaad. had to resort to scraping it back with a headband hmm / bandana. anyone share my pain?

expatinscotland Sat 27-Jun-09 21:14:20

I invested in a pair of GHD straighteners for Christmas a couple of years ago and it's the best thing I've done!

No more frizz!

Lilyloo Sat 27-Jun-09 21:16:50

With Expat on GHD'S am just contemplaiting how i can take them camping otherwise i will ahve to share your pain!

random Sat 27-Jun-09 21:18:07

I have a wild woman of Borneo look going on at the minute..not the best look

herbietea Sat 27-Jun-09 21:20:42

Message withdrawn

jeminthepark Sat 27-Jun-09 21:25:34

Mine does too- in the rain and with the humidity.

GHD you say ex-pat? Hmm, will give it a go, but then my hair will be straight- for some reason, in the rain or humidity it seems to develope a life of its own, nay a 'wave' of its own, and goes all tousled looking(but frizzy too) which I rather like, as opposed to the usual straight hippy greasy look I cannot help but wear otherwise.

kissmummy Sat 27-Jun-09 21:47:43

GHDs are brilliant but unless you GHD your whole head of hair, fringe included, they won't save you from frizz...the worst is when you blow dry your hair and it looks lovely for about one minute, before the humidity gets to it. argghghghghghgh!

TarkaLiotta Sat 27-Jun-09 21:50:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitOfFun Sat 27-Jun-09 21:54:34

I have thick curly hair that morphs to Monica-in-Barbados proportions in humidity- I swear by a tube of Vitalointe conditioner in my handbag. Costs about two quid and you just add as necessary to your hair through the day when the frizz strikes!

BitOfFun Sat 27-Jun-09 21:56:05

Vitapointe, sorry. And I can't link either from my phone, but do google!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now