Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Make up or laser treatment for dark pigmentation

(14 Posts)
Skribble Sat 14-May-05 22:33:42

Need advice on make up that will cover dark pigmentation above my top lip. I have red blotcy acne scars round my chin also.

Or should I go for laser treatment, resurfacing or what?

Skribble Sun 15-May-05 22:06:41

Bump I really need advice.

Skribble Mon 16-May-05 21:34:07

Buuuump

champs Mon 16-May-05 23:04:23

hi skribble, there are a few camouflage cosmetics that you could try, I haven't had laser nor has anyone I know so cant say how good/bad that is.

here are a list of some that I feel are good:
Veil
dermablend
Dermacolor (can be perscribed)
Jane Iredale

You could try to see if companies will send you out some samples as camouflage cosmetics can be very pricey.

Skribble Wed 18-May-05 00:39:44

Thanks champs, I saw one that has a sample for a reasonable price and was considering it, Bleaching creams seem popular in the USA have,t found a UK supplier and they seem V expensive.

champs Thu 19-May-05 00:23:23

be carefull with the bleach though as it may iritate your skin.
be cheeky and see if they'll send you free sample or tell you where they have a cosmetic counter where you can try it out. also see if they have a salon that uses their products near you.

Skribble Fri 20-May-05 00:44:01

Thanks champs, not sure who would have that kind of cream in Uk, and I'm sure anything at a salon would be a bit pricey for me.

champs Fri 20-May-05 13:35:08

joleen do a bleach but dont think it would be acceptable for what you want. it's for hair bleaching. The other type is used for skin lightening. Still dont think that would help.

Skribble Fri 20-May-05 21:30:43

Whats the skin lightening one that might help, mind you I have used Fade Out for ages with little effect.

champs Sat 21-May-05 14:41:52

ahhh i forgot about the dark pigmentation bit and was concentrating on the acne scars. lightening may well be good for that part. You can get some from chemists and cosmetic shops. Be careful though as some are fake replicas and some use banned ingredients look out for Hydroquinone and mercury.
Please be careful when using lightners as they can have damaging effect on skin. I dont use them on clients as I really dont like them. There are some safer alternatives to bleaching.

oxy-peel Is a good one.

Crystal Clear’s Skin Brightening Complex mail order: 0990 934934

White Line's Whitening Lotion, Whitening day cream, Whitening Serum mail order:01322 290101

I really do think that you should book a consultation with a dermatologist particularly an independant one who isn't linked to a certain product.

Sorry to be all serious but be carefull!! HTH

Skribble Sat 21-May-05 23:49:17

I haven't really looked at this seriously due to the cost I see the cream was £28 plus all the othe stuf I think for that sort of money I would rather go to a professional even if it is a bit more. thanks

champs Sun 22-May-05 00:16:18

yep agree!
have you been to your gp. some camouflage cosmetics can be perscribed. dermacolour for instace. may be a more economic option.

let me know how you get on.

Skribble Sun 22-May-05 00:21:30

Will do, mind you I have bee saying that for ages regarding acne, scars, pigmentation cholesterol test, tummy tuck etc etc

champs Sun 22-May-05 21:51:04

know what you mean!!always putting off stuff re: gp too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now