Talk

Advanced search

Fitlops - ok or fashion faux pas?

(14 Posts)
HLaurens Fri 26-Jun-09 21:40:23

I'm trying to decide whether to get some fitflops. I know they are not a high fashion item, but do people think they look ok, or are totally revolting?

I think some of the styles look fine, but DH finds them ugly as sin.

OlandDaisysmum Fri 26-Jun-09 21:47:36

Not too much help, but my MIL has a pair so to me they are a no no!

HLaurens Fri 26-Jun-09 21:49:24

Hmm..and what is your MIL's general style sense like?

jeanjeannie Fri 26-Jun-09 21:50:43

LOL as my MIL also has a pair - put me off too!

HLaurens Fri 26-Jun-09 21:54:47

Oh dear, it's not looking good...

OlandDaisysmum Fri 26-Jun-09 21:56:30

MIL style is - mmm - how to be polite! Lets just say I wouldn't borrow things from her! She has also developed a fondness for gold crocs!!!

jeanjeannie Fri 26-Jun-09 22:00:51

No - wouldn't borrow from mine either, although she did turn up yesterday wearing a White Stuff skirt and that threw me completely!

EyeballsandherSunburntNorks Fri 26-Jun-09 22:00:53

I love my fitflops. Have lived in them for last three weeks as I've had a row with my Birkis. I can't see what's not to like. They're bloody comfy <<old git>> and look like flipflops...

wigglybeezer Fri 26-Jun-09 22:01:24

Mmm, yes my mother in law has a pair too, reccommended by her BF's daughter, I'm a bit envy as she never takes advice from me!. They do look comfy though but I am a bit cynical about the fitness claims. I think they are a bit plasticy looking, but today, in a fit of desperation, I bought a apir of shoes in M&S so I don't think i can claim to be a style guru anymore.

HLaurens Fri 26-Jun-09 22:02:28

OlandDaisy, does your MIL wear lots of beige linen with gold spangly accents? this is the image I have of the typical Flitflop wearer, and this is what is putting me off.

The gold crocs certainly seem to go in the same direction.

HLaurens Fri 26-Jun-09 22:04:54

sp Fitflop.

And apologies to any wearers our there like Eyeballs who in no way conform to my preconceptions!

OlandDaisysmum Fri 26-Jun-09 22:07:56

Have you seen her???? Here I was enjoying a few weeks of peace whilst I thought she was on hol in canada! She also likes a rennie mackintosh inspired dangly earring!!!

HLaurens Fri 26-Jun-09 22:10:30

Unless she was really popping up to Scotland for a break, then no I haven't - but it seems I'm on the money with her "look"! Unless some big Fitflop fans can change my mind, I think they may be getting the thumbs down from me, however comfortable and bottom-toning.

OlandDaisysmum Fri 26-Jun-09 22:12:42

I would personally just have a twenty min walk each day or even maybe attempt the davina dvd for the same results!AlthoughIMO toned bottoms are over rated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now