Talk

Advanced search

A dress to take me from day to night...

(5 Posts)
WibblyPigRocks Fri 26-Jun-09 20:14:29

I am going to a hen do and I need an outfit that I can put on a midday, have a classy lunch, go wine-tasting and then have a nice meal in the evening.

I'd like to wear a dress and I'm thinking that some sort of shirt-style dress that I wear plain with sandals during the day and dress up with a belt and heels (tucked away in my bag) for the evening, would be perfect.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for some gorgeous outfits?

WibblyPigRocks Fri 26-Jun-09 20:17:43

I also wanted to add that I'm a 28 year-old with a chubby tummy and bum - probably mostly a pear-shape overall, though. Small boobs, reasonable legs.

Thanks!

used2bthin Fri 26-Jun-09 20:56:48

Oh I am watching with interest as I have been looking for the same for ages and am the same shape as you. I'm hoping for a floral tea dress type one though I think. How tall are you? The ones I have seen have been too short for me (I am 5.10 I think) but may be ok for you. I saw nice dresses in Oasis and warehouse iirc.

mrsmaidamess Fri 26-Jun-09 21:10:55

how about this with flat gladiator style sandals for day and big dangle earrings and heels for evening and a clutch?

LetThemEatCake Fri 26-Jun-09 21:36:13

I've been doing lots of day to night recently and think you can't go past a maxi dress. My figure sounds same as yours, except that my tummy is pregnant. But I am a pear shape, for sure.

What's your budget?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now