Talk

Advanced search

HAVE YOU HAD BOTOX??

(19 Posts)
ambrosia Sat 14-May-05 20:41:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Sat 14-May-05 20:58:36

I WISH! I'd love to have it on my forehead.

sansouci Sat 14-May-05 21:10:43

I wish!!! I hate the frown lines between my eyes (& this is from someone who doesn't usually bother to put on make-up.)

nikkisherri Sat 14-May-05 21:23:33

ambrosia I have thought about having it done for this little frown line that seem to be developing. Is it expensive ? Does it hurt ? Is it an instant change? I thought it was all airbrushing in the magazines that made celebs look young and that it probably wasn't that good in reality.

ambrosia Sat 14-May-05 22:01:50

saffy202 Sun 15-May-05 16:41:56

Can I ask where you had it done?

ambrosia Sun 15-May-05 19:44:35

WideWebWitch Sun 15-May-05 20:20:47

The minute I have a job and therefore more money I'm off to have it done. Can't wait.

LGJ Sun 15-May-05 20:25:29

No I always look like this

honest

aloha Sun 15-May-05 20:33:40

I've had it too and think it is amazing, because it actually works (unlike expensive face creams, for example). Will have it again when I stop breastfeeding. It is very good at de-haggarding and de-grumpifying your face.

kalex Sun 15-May-05 20:35:14

I just want something for the dark marks under my eyes that make me look 10 years older than I am. HELP

sykes Sun 15-May-05 20:54:11

Yes and am about to have itagain next week - third time. Lines around the eyes and forehead, not bags underneath - doesn't work for that, that's eye surgery.

saffy202 Sun 15-May-05 21:12:14

I would like to have it done but a bit scared off by the horror stories - also I was wondering what age bracket those who have had it done are?
I'm 35 and I have an awful crease in between my eyebrows but always have had a fringe anyway. I blame mine on squinting and years of being too vain to wear glasses.

I'm sure I read Boots were going to offer this procedure but haven't heard anything more

unicorn Sun 15-May-05 21:16:21

saffy202.. what horror stories...??

You may be mixing it up with the collagen trout pout thing.. tis different.

I had it,(a one off special for 40th!) and would love to be able to afford again..

It made my deep frown line fade into nothing, and the furrows across brow disappear.

definately recommended... and I would love to live the lifestyle where I could have it evey 6 months!!!

NomDePlume Sun 15-May-05 21:17:53

i expect the stories of scary partial facial paralysis over and above the desired amount are what saffy refers to, unicorn

NomDePlume Sun 15-May-05 21:18:57

i've heard it reallt stings and it's expensive so that's a resounding 'no' from me ! Am a big chickeny skinflint

unicorn Sun 15-May-05 21:23:59

I don't know about facial paralysis(NDP - have you a link to info on that?)

(aloha do you know anymore???)

but I reckon if you go to a proper consultant, giving 'sensible' dosage I can't really see the problem.

ambrosia Mon 16-May-05 16:32:26

mummygow Mon 16-May-05 16:39:53

My mums had it done and the more you get it the longer it lasts - so for instance maybe if you had it done 3 times in the first year, the second year you may only need it twice. She has it done on her forehead, around her eyes. I think she would like to try fillers for down around her mouth as she smokes, she is 50 now and has been having it for nearly 3 years, it def makes her feel better ( to be honest she would just go and get a facelift if she could afford it and have the time of work for recovery) I would really like it next year for my 30th between my eyebrows at the top of my nose!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now