Talk

Advanced search

i have orange hands!how to get spray tan off?

(11 Posts)
cheesesarnie Fri 26-Jun-09 11:09:17

yesterday i had a spray tan and am a lovely colour apart from having orange hands!how can i get it off without spending lots of money on a magic potion?

Horton Fri 26-Jun-09 11:13:36

Exfoliate! A good handful of salt mixed with olive oil to squidge around on your palms should help a bit.

glitterstar88 Fri 26-Jun-09 11:17:28

Lemon juice, i used it on streaky fake tan on my legs it helped a bit.

cheesesarnie Fri 26-Jun-09 11:21:57

thankyou both!ivehad my hands in my pockets every time ive seen someone today but im going out to dinner on saturday so cant hide my hands grin

i'll try both

RubyBlueberry Fri 26-Jun-09 11:23:32

As per J-Lo in the wedding planner, salt and lemon juice! there are fake tan remover wipes in Superdrug for 99p

cheesesarnie Fri 26-Jun-09 11:40:07

no superdrug anywhere near here.but thanks-i must pay more attention to j lo!grin

LadyOfWaffle Fri 26-Jun-09 11:43:56

fairy liquid and sugar is what I use

shhhh Fri 26-Jun-09 15:15:40

think you sent to the same salon as me yesterday hmm wink.

I to had one done. Asked for it dark as going to a wedding on sunday so wanted it to last till then iykimw...

Well..I came home last night virtually black and this morning its even darker...

Im not impressed tbh (wish I had done it myself, use a home spray tan daily BUT thought I wuld get it profesionally done as a treat hmm). They claim NOT to spray your hands and any residue on them is your own fault...hmm WELL last night you could clearly see the guide tan sprayed onto my hands hmm No way was it transferred by me.

Luckily I have till sunday for it to calm down but I haven't left the home today blush grin.

Pah.................tan salons..forget 'em.

Im now of to try lemon juice grin.
Good luck btw cheesesarnie.

tried fl btw low....nothing...
tried exfoliating..hmm...not much change..

bebesequin Fri 26-Jun-09 20:40:19

Just emerged from the bath trying to address the same problems-lemon juice and salt scrub took the worst off SIL tells me Tesco own brand baby wipes (?!)will remove a bit more on my dry skin-will maybe try that in AM

used2bthin Fri 26-Jun-09 21:57:14

Thats a bit worrying about tescos wipes. A friend used one on DDs face earlier and her excema has flared right up-no wonder! I once had the same problem as you, I remember well begging my friend to buy the tan removal wipes for me as Icouldn't take the embarassment of handing over the money for them with streaky hands. My Dad actually thought I'd spilled coffee grounds on my hands hmm It faded every day so won't be AS bad by tomorrow night. I didn't try the lemon juice or sugar so I'd try that. I had to start a new job a couple of days after having it done blush never again!

shhhh Sat 27-Jun-09 10:41:06

LOL at us women..grin. The things we go through !

Well, mine has faded as I thought so no way as bad as yesterday.
BUT all the attempts at removing off my hands has made them V dry..now to add moisture back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now