Talk

Advanced search

Cellulite

(9 Posts)
twentyoneagain Thu 25-Jun-09 13:26:03

I have always been slim and kept fit and yet over the last couple of years the dreaded cellulite has been creeping up and, to be honest just a short while before going off on holiday I really am amazed at how bad it looks.

I know it is probably too late to do anything about it but does anything work, and why does it only seem to affect legs? There is little or no fat on my body and yet my legs are starting to look a mess, I suspect my addiction to chocolate has something to do with it. Is it fat and if so why can't it just go to my bust instead?

I guess with the sunny weather and holiday coming up I have started thinking about shorts but it looks worse outside in sunlight than inside where it is darker[hmmm].

Aaaaarrrggghhhh I hate it.

ThePhantomPlopper Thu 25-Jun-09 13:33:03

Drink lots of water and get a body brush, works for me.

earthpixie Thu 25-Jun-09 13:34:13

I've been badly afflicted from a young age and consequently don't do shorts! I've tried lots of things - nothing gets rid of it except a very strict diet that excludes dairy and wheat. No caffeine, alcohol, etc. Probably explains why I've still got it...

The best cosmetic solution is lots of gentle exfoliation, body lotion and a tan (fake of course). This makes the skin look good, which minimizes the appearance of the cellulite. Some of the anti-cellulite creams have a temporary tightening effect but nothing more than that. Don't waste your money.

And don't get obsessive over a few bumpy bits. It's only cellulite. Most women have it to some degree.

docket Thu 25-Jun-09 13:34:37

Second what TPP says. Fake tan is quite good at distracting from it!

earthpixie Thu 25-Jun-09 13:35:12

Be very careful with body brushing; it can worsen any tendency to varicose veins if you do it hard. Gentle brushing works just as well.

HeadFairy Thu 25-Jun-09 13:37:38

There is one thing that is supposed to get rid of it... but it's not cheap, it's called endermologie and apparently it's quite painful, but it's supposed to break up the uneven fat that causes cellulite. There are lots of wraps and massages that also claim to do the same, but endermologie is the best one supposedly.

Morecrumbleplease Fri 26-Jun-09 11:36:02

Every time I give up caffeine I notice a difference.

twentyoneagain Fri 26-Jun-09 17:19:17

Right, gentle exfoliating and moisturising with some fake tan sounds like a good start. I do go to aerobics and the gym but that obviously now isn't enough any more. Why don't men get this?

Ondine Fri 26-Jun-09 17:41:57

I know it's not meant to be diet related but I always notice a huge difference when I give up dairy products.

I second the body brushing and have found rubbing with cypress essential oil in a carrier oil helps too.

But a change of diet is definitely the solution in my experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now