Talk

Advanced search

best mascara

(24 Posts)
hamstring Thu 25-Jun-09 11:29:30

i'm looking to invest in a good mascara , any ideas?

LilRedWG Thu 25-Jun-09 11:31:46

Blinc is wonderful - no smudging, no running, no flakes! It even copes if I'm sobbing. Can't recommend enough.

Pinkjenny Thu 25-Jun-09 11:32:02

I am loving Diorshow at the moment. And I am notoriously hard to please on the mascara front.

LilRedWG Thu 25-Jun-09 11:34:58

I didn't take my makeup off one night (drunked sloven that I am) and it was still perfect in the morning.

hamstring Thu 25-Jun-09 12:15:34

ive just looked at blinc website. do you have to order from usa and what are these tubes about

nomorecake Thu 25-Jun-09 12:41:22

ive got a dior one (although i havent used it in ages).
it was expensive, but i did get compliments on my long lashes.
i dont think its waterproof though.

ThePhantomPlopper Thu 25-Jun-09 12:59:26

I ordered a waterproof Dior one the other week on recommendation of someone on here.

Tis fab, doesn't budge.

MrsMills Thu 25-Jun-09 13:09:25

I'm just coming to the end of Mac Zoom Lash, which I have been super impressed with. I shall buy it again, definately.

Freyfreysmum Thu 25-Jun-09 13:10:22

Having tried literally gazillions of mascaras, Lancome Hypnose in my opinion is unbeatable. Hmm not convinced by diorshow, although it doesnt budge lol. Benefit Badgal is quite good, but Lancome all the way.

mrsmerryweather Thu 25-Jun-09 13:11:05

I keep going back to Lancome Hypnose-not a snip at £19.50 but it does lengthen and hticken without clumping.

Have had a few samples of the Clinique High Impact which is okay but doesn't seem to have as much staying power- there is another newer Clinique one out- maybe others can help as Imight try it soemtime.

LilRedWG Thu 25-Jun-09 13:11:31

The tubes are a tad freaky. Basically, when you remove the mascara it comes off looking like eyelashes - it holds the shape - rather than just disolving and rinsing away. DH says it looks like my eyelashes are floating in the basin of water.

flowerybeanbag Thu 25-Jun-09 13:12:15

Blinc marvellous, allows me to not be bothered forget to take off my makeup at night and then not have to bother putting it on again in the morning...blush

aristocat Thu 25-Jun-09 13:17:11

Revlon 3D Extreme

VeryAnnieGertie Thu 25-Jun-09 13:37:50

I was always a fan of the Lancome ones but recently have been wearing Benefit Badgal - not too expensive and just the right whooshiness for me. I've managed to improve my application technique by closely following what the assistant did and this mascara does manage to persuade my poker-straight lashes to curl upwards now without the use of a curler.

TrillianAstra Thu 25-Jun-09 13:45:19

That blinc stuff sounds awesome - I am ordering some now <impulsive>

You can get it from www.feelunique.com for £16 inc delivery, and even better it looks like you can get cashback from topcashback (as usual that's the link to sign up as being recommended by me, feel free to ignore).

Freyfreysmum Thu 25-Jun-09 13:46:05

Ooh I mayyyy have to try this Blinc mascara. I genuinely Dread to think how many mascaras I have tried over the years lol. Also, if you have fair lashes, do get them tinted (professionally) every 5-6 weeks, in Blue Black (dont worry theres not a hint of 80s-esque blue, its just that it comes out the darkest). Means that if you forget or go swimming you dont have to bother with normal mascara.
Ooh just remembered I also loved the Maybelline mascara (in the pink and green tube) when I couldnt justify the lancome one x

LilRedWG Thu 25-Jun-09 13:47:09

TrillianAstra - it is indeed wonderstuff.

KingRolo Thu 25-Jun-09 13:49:10

Boots No7 ones are good, best I've tried (and I have tried a lot!).

This blinc stuff sounds good though.

sunshiney Thu 25-Jun-09 13:49:35

another vote for Benefit Badgal here.

TrillianAstra Thu 25-Jun-09 13:50:47

Okay I a reckless and have ordered it (black obviously) as my current mascara is running out. I didn't like the maybelline one in the pink and green tube, lots of peple recommended it but it didn't seem very good to me at all.

clemette Thu 25-Jun-09 14:10:21

Another vote for blinc. The oonly mascara I have EVER had that doesn't smudge. (Thanks MN for the recommendation a fortnight ago!)

tattycoram Thu 25-Jun-09 21:56:48

There is a free Benefit BadGal mascara on this month's Glamour mag (£2)

hamstring Thu 25-Jun-09 22:09:39

I love this web site, thanks for the tips ,on to my next post

TrillianAstrahasaJOB Tue 30-Jun-09 22:01:23

I can't find Glamour mag anywhere! Maybe it sold out to benefit mascara fans!

Blinc is good, very waterproof and taking off the tubes is fun. But so far doesn't give very big lashes. I can recommend that feelunique website too, I ordered the mascara on Thursday and it turned up in Saturday's post!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now