Talk

Advanced search

What on earth do people wear to weddings?

(10 Posts)
CluelessMoo Wed 24-Jun-09 19:04:41

I know that sounds ridiculous, but I have only ever been to weddings where I was a bridesmaid. I've been invited to one just as a guest in a couple of months and I don't know where to start looking for something to wear.

I'm assuming it's not going to be mega posh as it's a registry office and out to a restaurant afterwards thing. I don't have a fortune to spend. I can't wear dresses as I'm different sizes on the top and bottom and they look dreadful on me. Can anyone advise me? Any shops that would be your first port of call?

CluelessMoo Wed 24-Jun-09 20:41:47

No-one?

Jewelsandgems Wed 24-Jun-09 20:47:39

Something elegant and glamourous. If you are not into dresses, how about a beautiful full skirt, a fitted top and a cardigan (like the vest/little cardigan posh has been seen sporting lately - honastly they are nice)

Lastyearsmodel Wed 24-Jun-09 20:48:01

No advice but discovered Inis Online today and they have lots of different designers and brands - might be worth a browse for ideas?

Otherwise, the usual - Monsoon, Hobbs, Designers at Debenhams.

GodzillasBumcheek Wed 24-Jun-09 20:50:20

Usually skirts and pretty flowing things in pastels

DO NOT do what i did and go in a black shirt with a black and orange/pink skirt. I stuck out like a sore thumb!

Heated Wed 24-Jun-09 21:00:06

Well, for example debenhams 1

monsoon

monsoon2

Wear with a sleeveless cami top/blouse and thin cardi, dressy accent jewellery and pretty sandals. You can also wear it with birkies/sandals in summer and boots in winter.

Jewelsandgems Wed 24-Jun-09 21:00:47

skirt

or
french connection skirt

cami top tucked in

cardigan
or maybe a fitted little jacket?

BonsoirAnna Wed 24-Jun-09 21:04:45

A dress. High-ish heels. A smart bag. I go to the hairdresser for a blow dry and I wear foundation and then usual make-up.

Heated Wed 24-Jun-09 21:05:02

I have these sandals but these new lookare cheaper. If you go for a silver you can wear them with almost anything.

tattycoram Thu 25-Jun-09 08:29:13

Ooh Jewel's French Connection skirt is lovely.

We did registry office and restaurant lunch and you really don't need to be very formal as a guest imo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now