Talk

Advanced search

School sports day: what do you wear?

(8 Posts)
llareggub Wed 24-Jun-09 13:59:19

Not really a style and beauty question, but I don't know where else to put this.

DS has his first sports day next month and obviously I am going. Now, what do people wear to these things? Having got things wrong at the last 2 school events, I want to make sure I am dressed appropriately. wink

If there is a mothers race I won't be in it; I have my 8 week old son as an excuse. Not sure what excuse I'll use next year, but there you go.

Do people generally wear what they wear for the school run or is there an Accepted Dress Code that hasn't been shared with me?

Its a village primary, btw, and DS is in the nursery.

flipflopper Wed 24-Jun-09 14:07:58

O-M-G

Overmydeadbody Wed 24-Jun-09 14:10:17

oh for goodness sake

Just wear whatever you want.

Even if you where participating you could do it in anything. It's hardly taxing.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Wed 24-Jun-09 14:11:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

llareggub Wed 24-Jun-09 14:26:46

FFS, is there any need for that?

It is pretty clear this is tongue in cheek.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Wed 24-Jun-09 14:34:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shhhh Wed 24-Jun-09 21:18:17

I just remember diana (POW) in the school sports day photo (I think it was anyway..) remember her flowing dress and sure she was barefooted grin.

Good luck with the day.smile

EachPeachPearMum Wed 24-Jun-09 22:08:28

We had ours a couple of weeks ago- similar situation... most mums wore jeans and summery tops. A few were in work clothes as they had obviously fitted it into their working day.
I wore a bf top, though didn't need to feed him. 2 other mums with new babies wore layered vest/cotton top, though 1 of them didn't feed lo either. HTH

Oh- and next year you'll have your on-the-move 1yo to keep hold of, so no mummy's race then either wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now