Talk

Advanced search

how do I smile for an "official" picture without looking like a complete goof?

(6 Posts)
Tommy Tue 23-Jun-09 23:09:12

please help - I have to accompany my Mum on official engagements (she is a local politician) and have to pose for photos quite often. I am acutely aware that I look like I am forcing a smile or just grimacing when the photos come out hmm

Anyone a model or could give me some tips about what to do when a photograoher says "Ok - smile, please..." (sometimes quite a few times in succession)

mrsmaidamess Tue 23-Jun-09 23:10:34

Don't grin too much. A small smile will do. Chin up, and tuck yout tongue behind your front teeth. Its better to stand slightly sideways and turn your head.

HolyGuacamole Tue 23-Jun-09 23:16:13

I'm crap at getting my picture taken too blush

My DH is good at getting his taken tho and always looks naturally happy and smiley (grr!). His trick is to think of something that makes him laugh and actually do a small giggle as the picture is being taken. In the same way that you'd laugh if someone said something funny to you right at that moment.

I haven't mastered it, I'm too self conscious, but it works for him, he always looks great in pics and I look like his gormless side kick grin

Tommy Tue 23-Jun-09 23:26:06

I will work on the "trying to think of something funny" and, mrsmaidamess - behine my upper front teeth or lower? (you see - I am taking this terribly seriously but mostly don't won't to let my Mum down hmm)

I have learnt the turn slightly sideways thing but will work on the chin up as well.

Losing the few extra pounds I am hauling about will probably help too blush

mrsmaidamess Wed 24-Jun-09 07:07:58

Behind the front teeth. Push with your tongue. Apparently Naomi Campbell does it. Also, look at the lens, not the photographer.

And smoulder, baby, smoulder!

mrsmaidamess Wed 24-Jun-09 07:08:42

Not sure about laughing when pic taken. I look like Mr Punch when I laugh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now