Talk

Advanced search

What can a groom wear to his wedding that is not morning dress or a tux?

(12 Posts)
newtoitallmummy Tue 23-Jun-09 22:00:12

Hello all stylish mnetters - am looking for ideas please for something lovely for DP to wear to our upcoming wedding - church affair with big party in a barn after. I am doing the white dress because I luurrrrvvveee dressing up smile the DD's will probably be in monsoon party dresses or similar (they are soooo excited!)

He would be happiest in shorts and a tee shirt but says he recognises its a special day and wants to wear something smart. "But comfy". That is not an "uniform penguin suit" (his words in "").

Any ideas? Please? Have you seen grooms looking good in something other than morning dress? Thanks in anticipation!

3littlefrogs Tue 23-Jun-09 22:01:56

My dh wore a very nice pale grey lounge suit. He hates to dress up and was very comfortable.

Mind you - it was 25 years ago, so I am probably hopelessly out of date!

smallchange Tue 23-Jun-09 22:04:27

I am partial to the kilted man but obviously that may not be culturally appropriate grin

Any decent suit does the job I think.

wonderingwondering Tue 23-Jun-09 22:05:39

Lots of lovely regular suits around - Paul Smith, Hugo Boss and so on if he wants to treat himself, and the sales are on so is a good time to invest.

scienceteacher Tue 23-Jun-09 22:05:46

My husband wore Highland dress.

newtoitallmummy Tue 23-Jun-09 22:09:00

Not scottish unfortunately . . . . was wondering about suggesting he treat himself to a really lovely lounge suit eg boss and get it a bit tailored so it looks just so . . . maybe open white shirt no tie?

fishie Tue 23-Jun-09 22:11:06

dh didn't wear a tie and regretted it. we had only a few people at registry office too.

i think ties are a great way for men to introduce some colour. jackets look a bit odd without them too.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 23-Jun-09 22:11:23

That's the kind of thing my DH wore. Gorgeous brown suit, with a pale blue open neck shirt. Paul Smith I think... IIRC...

chatname Thu 25-Jun-09 03:41:36

My husband wore leather trousers and a velvet cape He looked good and it was very him, but I appreciate that might not suit everyone...

WowOoo Thu 25-Jun-09 06:11:16

Just a nice suit would do.

He can't go too casual as you will look too fabulous and oddly matched next to him otherwise.

Have fun. So exciting for you.

slackrunner Thu 25-Jun-09 06:58:14

My husband wore tartan trews - he looked fantastic

Wow chatname - that sounds like an awesome outfit!

JackBauer Thu 25-Jun-09 07:15:12

Dh wore a charcoal suit with purpley shirt/tie combo and a white rose fake flower buttonhole from dunelmgrin. He looked utterly gorgeous!

TBH, if he doesn't dress up much (like my DH), put him in a 'nomral' suit and he will look great as it is different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now