Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Attractive yoga clothes ... anyone?

(17 Posts)
cherryblossoms Tue 23-Jun-09 19:51:03

Hello Style and Beauty persons (that's a little joke - for the chaps seldom venture hither ...), hope you've all had a lovely day in the sunshine.

Does anyone out there know where to get a stylish (and yet practical) yoga kit?

I'm a wannabe yoga bunny and have started an energetic (ie sweaty) yoga class (or three) and my present outfit of leggings and t-shirt just doesn't cut it. For a start, it's just so darned hot!

I had a look at the Sweaty Betty site and their kit is a bit [whisper] dull. I was hoping for something stretchy and bright. Tbh, I can sometimes feel a little despondent mid-class, as I inadvertently cast my eye across the young and lithe, so something to lift the spirits and inspire would be a most welcome addition to my life.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Overmydeadbody Tue 23-Jun-09 19:55:12

I'm not sure anything you wear will be any cooler than leggings and a t-shirt tbh.

Shorts and a vest?

Shorts and a sports bra and no top?

Crop leggings and a sports bra?

<<shrugs>>

I find it hard to look good when doing sport, but whenever I find nice little vest tops that are a long length I tend to buy them for this purpose.

Sweaty betty has the brightest colours of anywhere, but it is sportswear, you could judt buy normal stuff from topshop or newlook if you want something a bit more interesting, but then it won't be designed with sport in mind, so it's kind of a toss up between looking good or feeling good.

Sorry I'm not much help grin

Overmydeadbody Tue 23-Jun-09 19:55:47

What are the young and lithe in the class wearing?

cherryblossoms Tue 23-Jun-09 20:28:04

Hello - went away for a bit there ... .

Well, I'm in London and they seem to be wearing dinky little shorts and tops in oranges and purples and so on, with little sanskrit symbols embroidered on them.

Which is annoying - because it's clearly a logo-for-the-initiated-only.

I honestly don't think I can handle the embarrassment of asking anyone where they get their kit from. Apart from anything else, we're supposed to be above all that materialist triviality ... .

ilovegreenbeans Tue 23-Jun-09 20:29:21

Can you get lululemon stuff in the uk? All my friends in Canada rave about it. No idea what it's like for actual yoga though

cherryblossoms Tue 23-Jun-09 20:34:54

Ooh - just googled lululemon and that is definitely on the right lines. Apparently it is sold in the King's Road sport's club. And nowhere else ... . I wonder if they allow non-members in to purchase things?

poshtottie Tue 23-Jun-09 20:58:31

I have bought lululemon at TK Max. It is a bit hit and miss if they have anything though if you are in London they probably have more choice.

jambutty Tue 23-Jun-09 21:03:40

not seen or used this site before, but some of this stuff looks nice

EldonAve Tue 23-Jun-09 21:04:02

Kings Rd Sporting Club is just a shop not an actual club

I am looking for yoga tops - ones that won't flap open to expose my flab

DebiNewberry Tue 23-Jun-09 21:05:58

what's that faux-hippy shop at the top of marylebone high street called?

is it calmia or something like that? They sell overpriced brightly coloured yoga stuff with logos on.

cherryblossoms Tue 23-Jun-09 21:15:54

jambutty - couldn't open the page, sorry.

Thank you for the other suggestions smile

DebiNewberry - Hmmm, it may be selective consciousness (or something) but I didn't see Calmia the last time I walked down Marylebone High Street and thought it had closed down. I will google them and see if they're still there. I think that is just the place - they used to sell Christy Turlington's nuala shoes, didn't they ... . [What am I like? I'm actually slightly furtive about knowing that!]

pasturesnew Tue 23-Jun-09 21:20:03

This any good? www.sweatybetty.com/Scripts/prodlist.asp?idcategory=49&ncx1=43&ncx2=49&title=yoga+clothes+%7C+Fast+D elivery&aKey=bs

DebiNewberry Tue 23-Jun-09 21:20:44

Yes, that's the one. I haven't had a trawl down there for a while, so it might well have gone in the current circs...

cherryblossoms Tue 23-Jun-09 21:26:25

Debi - they still seem to be there!

Pasturesnew - Sadly, this thread advertises to the world that I am too shallow for Sweaty Betty. [whine] I want yoga-ey yoga clothes, with little sanskrit symbols, and cute flarey bits, and arty fabric inserts.

Can I just say to everyone, thanks, esp. if I haven't said so individually. I feel I have a target, a goal, and the shopping-focus of a shark, now. [do sharks go shopping? I suspect not ... .] However, I am slightly mortified by exactly how very un-yoga this thread reveals me to be ... .

EldonAve Tue 23-Jun-09 21:32:48

yoga matters sells a few bits

DebiNewberry Tue 23-Jun-09 21:40:17

we won't tell... good luck with the hunt

cherryblossoms Tue 23-Jun-09 21:42:57

smile blush smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now