Talk

Advanced search

anyone familiar with the Links of London sweetie bracelet?

(15 Posts)
flier Tue 23-Jun-09 16:44:05

is it for adults? and where can I but cheap charms for it?

blondissimo Tue 23-Jun-09 20:11:23

Yes it is for adults - no idea where you would get cheap charms but why spoil it with cheap ones? I think the idea is that you collect the charms, so you don't have to spend out loads at once.

inscotland Tue 23-Jun-09 21:06:49

It is for both as you can get a small one for a child. You are best with the LoL charms but if you are wary of cost then try ebay.

fatjac Wed 24-Jun-09 09:01:20

They come in various sizes for both children and adults. Lots of fake charms out there but I would rather have one or two originals.

madameovary Wed 24-Jun-09 09:19:06

The Links of London Sweetie Bracelet is now as common ubiquitous as those Return To Tiffany ones, meaning there are loads of fakes, esp on ebay.

I loved those Tiffany bracelets before every fecker started wearing them - and I ended up designing and having my own bracelet made.
Just a thought - the LoL bracelets are expensive and you could probably have one made.

Do see why you'd want one, though, they are lovely.

madameovary Wed 24-Jun-09 09:20:12

Sorry meant to say you could probably have one made for the same amount of money.

Freyfreysmum Wed 24-Jun-09 12:22:19

I have a Sweetie bracelet, was lucky enough to get one when they came out. I have had it restrug (twice) which LoL do, as all the links are just on stretchy elastic material which can perish if worn constantly over a few years. Dont go for 'cheap' options, just ask for charms for very special occasions, ie I got one when my daughter was born, when I turned 30, etc. And Dont go onto their website to see the new Sweetie watch out.........!x

glitterstar88 Wed 24-Jun-09 13:06:43

If you dont want to spend out full price on charms wait until LOL have their sale or ask for charms for special occasions.
I would try and aviod the enamelled charms though, I had the ladybird one and within a couple of days half of the enamel had dropped off, i've just sent my teddy charm back for repairs as its leg fell off and i had to send my lovestruck charm off for repair because one of the sapphires fell out.
Im now only sticking to the solid silver charms, no enamel no stones etc.

inscotland Thu 25-Jun-09 10:18:27

I have 3! All with special charms on. The best one I got last christmas from hubby was one with baby on board written on it!

glitterstar88 Thu 25-Jun-09 13:30:43

Links Of London sale is now on btw

nicolamumof3 Thu 25-Jun-09 20:45:43

i too got one when they first came out, stopped wearing it now as agree its like the tiffany ones all over again blush

Ronaldinhio Thu 25-Jun-09 21:01:45

aren't they like arseholes now??

she says sadly

flier Fri 26-Jun-09 07:52:35

thanks everyone, I want to buy a charm for a friends 30th for her LOL bracelet. When I googled it there were loads of websites coming up which looked like they were linksoflondon and some of them a good bit cheaper than in the shops, so I guess that those were the fakes that were mentioned.

anyone know the official links of london website?

thanks

glitterstar88 Fri 26-Jun-09 10:07:04

www.linksoflondon.com

flier Fri 26-Jun-09 10:14:58

THANKS glitterstar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now