Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had laser hair removal? So sick of hairy bod!

(10 Posts)
giddyaboutj Mon 22-Jun-09 20:41:51

Hiya, if you've tried laser hair removal pls let me know what it's like. Did it work? Was it painful? How much was it?
I'm so sick of shaving/waxing and fancy trying something a bit more permenant.

EccentricaGallumbits Mon 22-Jun-09 20:42:31

watching hairily intently

Wilts Mon 22-Jun-09 20:46:07

I am positively beastly and have promised myself when I graduate I will invest in laser hair removalgrin so will also be watching this threadwink

JennyTaylier Mon 22-Jun-09 20:49:25

Will watch too - as I've got older, I've got very much hairier - I remove it all except the places I can't reach shockblush. It's becoming very tiresome & time-consuming. I'd especially love to know if the home laser systems (the Rio type) are any good as I can't afford lots of sessions at £90 a go. Please, someone answer...

Jacksmama Mon 22-Jun-09 20:49:57

I've had it. Best money I've ever spent on myself. Had bikini line and underarms done about 3-4 years ago. It took about 5, maybe 6 treatments, once a month. Since then, I have maybe 4 stray hairs that pop up in my bikini line about once a year, and a few more under my arms. Have been contemplating a touch-up for those. I had my legs blasted once or twice, and it reduced the hair there enough that I shave about twice a week in the summer. It's fantastic.

I don't know about costs in the U.K. (I'm in Canada) but here most day spas charge around $99 for one bikini and underarm treatment - I think that's about 50 British pounds?

As for pain, it stings a bit, that's all. Where I had it done the laser has a fan attached that blows icy cold air at the area that's being treated, so all I felt was a bit of zapping. No discomfort after.

Go for it, it's fab

Friendlypizzaeater Mon 22-Jun-09 20:51:46

People are raving about the boots one here Santa is bringing one for me grin

fishie Mon 22-Jun-09 20:53:03

epilator for me. 20 mins twice a week no hair.

bluebump Mon 22-Jun-09 21:04:34

I have one electrolysis style machine that I bought from Argos for about £30 which seems to work. I haven't used it enough to get rid of my hair forever as I have been pregnant and you can't use it then. My friend who used one guaranteed it worked and she hardly has to pluck her eyebrows anymore. It is similar to that Rio one from Argos and it doesn't hurt to use at all.

JennyTaylier Mon 22-Jun-09 21:34:06

Friendlypizzaeater - I've read the warnings & it says not to use on facial hair sad Not much use for my moustache & beard then...

giddyaboutj Mon 22-Jun-09 21:35:07

Thanks everyone! The boots one sounds interesting - will have to do a bit more research on this one. I hope it really does work so I can look forward to smooth hairless skin .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now