Talk

Advanced search

Dress advice

(10 Posts)
Eve4Walle Mon 22-Jun-09 14:17:39

Have bought this:

Dress

Am size 16 - is it too short? Also, will it go with these, which I already have:

Shoes

For holiday. I don't know if any of it's okay!

angrypixie Mon 22-Jun-09 22:02:54

Hard to tell, the dress would be too short for me but I'm a 12/14 with chunky legs and dodgy ankles. If you're legs are toned it will work.

frAKKINPannikin Tue 23-Jun-09 13:05:00

I wouldn't wear that dress with those shoes because they have a high strap which may give an unfortunate 'hobbit leg' effect by cutting your legs off at the ankle.

Dress is nice though - especially if you have good legs and the cleavage to make it work.

BunnyLebowski Tue 23-Jun-09 14:13:38

The dress is gorgeous. I'd be buying it if they had it in my size!

Really don't like the shoes though (sorryblush) and reckon you could get much nicer.

docket Tue 23-Jun-09 14:22:40

I like the dress but it's short so will look best with good legs. I think the shoes are too high too wear with that short a dress and a fraKKINPannikin says, the high strap will do nothing to lengthen the leg!

Eve4Walle Tue 23-Jun-09 19:07:21

Can someone find me some nice shoes please? wink

janeite Tue 23-Jun-09 19:20:53

Nice dress, if your legs are good.

I don't like the shoes though and think they will look clumpy and potentially ahem a bit 'tarty' (sorry) with the dress. And yes, they will also 'cut you off' at the ankle and make your legs look shorter.

Also - where will you be and what will you be doing?

quite pretty?

Ronaldinhio Tue 23-Jun-09 19:30:47

It all depends on your height and shape.

Those shoes are all wrong with it though.

Do you want a heel?
What are you wearing the dress for?

frAKKINPannikin Tue 23-Jun-09 19:34:34

A whizz on the Faith website yields

white wedges

brown mules - I have a pair, they're super comfy

glitzier brown mules

something to pick up the orange

high and white but also comfy

Or similar...

Clure Tue 23-Jun-09 19:42:29

Dress is nice if you've got the legs. I would agree that your shoe choice wouldn't go well with the dress. Frankkinpannikin's 3rd suggestion (glitzier brown mules) i think would be a good choice. they would lengthen legs, good colour with the dress and add abit of sparkle. (I myself am a shortie 5'1 so have to be careful with certain shoes!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now