Talk

Advanced search

Daughters Prom Tomorrow and we have a shoe problem please help

(11 Posts)
Tortington Sun 21-Jun-09 23:40:33

Daughter has freaky long toes, she has open toe red satin shoes and i wondered if there is anyway that i can kind of make the bottom of her shoes erm....stretch width ways before 5pm tomorrow!

i was thinking something about damp newspaper - but they are satin and i don't want to ruin them

if not she will just have to grin and bare it and thnk of how wonderful her shoes are!

if anyone knows a trick - MN will.

off to google as i realise its late - but any help appreciated.

xxx

treedelivery Sun 21-Jun-09 23:49:32

No idea sorry. But though would come and have a sigh for the days of peep toe shoes and big nights out.

Sigh.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 21-Jun-09 23:51:25

Take them to a cobbler in the morning and see what they can do.

Fimbo Sun 21-Jun-09 23:51:32

I doubt you will be able to do anything because they are made of satin. I have stretched leather shoes before by forcing my feet into the shoes wearing thick hiking socks and wearing them around the house.

Fimbo Sun 21-Jun-09 23:53:15

Top tips here

SOLOisMeredithGrey Sun 21-Jun-09 23:53:19

I use a small coffee jar and ram push it into the shoe to stretch it. Used to use potaoes wrapped in tissue. Don't use anything wet or they'll stain being satin.

SOLOisMeredithGrey Sun 21-Jun-09 23:54:12

Should say that I leave the jar there for a couple of days...

gigglewitch Sun 21-Jun-09 23:56:31

same as fimbo - have wandered around in dinky shoes and huuuge climbing boot socks - in the house I hastily add - but don't think the effect would be as good on satin. Am trying to think of all our dancing tricks for satin pointe shoes, but they are all a tad drastic for "girly" shoes iyswim.

gigglewitch Sun 21-Jun-09 23:59:45

anyone given you this linky?

Tortington Mon 22-Jun-09 00:00:07

thank you - i will take to coblers in the morning

until then i have rolled and stuffed two paperbacks into the shoes

needless to say tolkien will be rolling in his grave - however i have found the best use for salinger!

thanks again

gigglewitch Mon 22-Jun-09 00:06:36

rofl custy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now