Talk

Advanced search

Kaftan-type sun cover ups for children

(8 Posts)
snickersnack Sun 21-Jun-09 09:46:53

I'm after something for the dcs to wear in the sun - thinking pale coloured cotton with long sleeves. It seems really difficult to find something simple that isn't going to be too hot. I have this every year. We had some good bamboo hoodies last year, which were soft and had a really high SPF factor, but the shop that sells them near us has closed down and I can't remember what the brand name was.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sun 21-Jun-09 10:03:40

Would Green Baby have anything like this? How old are DCs?

My DCs wear sun suits (long sleeved, high neck but made from a lycra type fabric with SPF built in). However, eldest DS has awful eczema at the moment so if there is an alternative out there I would love to know

drinkmoretea Sun 21-Jun-09 10:09:16

its says nightwear but I'm sure no one would know...

www.zarahome.com/shop/gb/en/zara-home-kids/product/Kids+Govinda+Kaftan+(2-9+years)/33358/-1/86907/

drinkmoretea Sun 21-Jun-09 10:12:29

Adams and reduced, but not cotton..

adams.co.uk/girls-floral-patterned-kaftan

janeite Sun 21-Jun-09 10:21:11

I think Gap have some at the mo: I think I seemed to clock them briefly as dd1 raced off to the 'big people's section' to find shorts.

Also - maybe Boden or White Company? But I think too pricey anyway.

Marks - but maybe a bit fussy?

sunnylabsmum Sun 21-Jun-09 12:16:32

the boden ones are really great. thinish cotton and long sleeves. We use one practically every day here in CYprus as the boden towelling ones are too thick.

CMOTdibbler Sun 21-Jun-09 20:43:16

Lion in the Sun do high SPF clothing, as do Spotty Otter.

Be careful with thin cotton as it does not have a very high SPF, so you can burn nicely through it

snickersnack Sun 21-Jun-09 22:45:46

Thanks everyone - will check out the links properly tomorrow. dd has chicken pox, so definitely don't want her skin being exposed to sun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now