Talk

Advanced search

Cream blusher

(7 Posts)
used2bthin Fri 19-Jun-09 14:10:30

Would this stay on longer than powder? I've got a Mac powder one but it is nearly gone so I need to replace it. I love the colour but it doesn't stay on long, does anyone else have the same thing with MAC? I have found the same with their eyeshadows but may just have been unlucky.

Any other recommendations? I will also need foundation and mascara soon so am tempted to do what I often do and go with whatever counter has a freeby if you buy two or more things but this is usually Lancome for me and I find the mascara great for few goes then it goes all clumpy.

barbie1 Fri 19-Jun-09 14:14:59

to make your blusher stay on longer, just use a cream one over the powder one. If you have an oily skin avoid cream as it will slide. I worked for estee lauder and i must say there blusher both cream and powder stay on all day. If you go on their web site it will list who has a special offer on and when. Lauder own mac so its very much the same.....

Try estee lauder double wear range for foundation, eyeshadow and mascara, all stay on for ages...

used2bthin Fri 19-Jun-09 14:44:12

Thanks barbie1 I have got dry ish skin so hopefully it wouldn't slide. Didn't know E Lauder owned Mac!

wideratthehips Fri 19-Jun-09 18:35:21

benefit do a nice cream blusher

brendaAndEddie Fri 19-Jun-09 18:41:53

You haev been unlucky
Imo mac colour is very long lasting.
I have recently gone from a amca one via nars multiple to a BOBBi brown one in a very dark sahde that I would never have chosen blushed rose - am darker skinned white

LadyAga Fri 19-Jun-09 21:00:23

Benetint lasts all day. It's a little pricey but lasts as you only need to use a couple of drops a day.

Rimmel do a cheaper version but it isn't very good, it doesn't blend in very well so you end up with pink splodges on your cheeks.

Macx factor do a nice cream blusher, I prefer it to powder as it's so much easier to apply and touch up.

used2bthin Fri 19-Jun-09 22:02:08

Thanks I will have a look at Bobby Brown, max factor and the Benefit cream blusher. Can't bring myself to get benetint as I wore it a lot in my late teens/early twenties and the photos (in retrospect) are not good. Might have also been down to the fact that I used to pile on the High beam too though..

Yes I have heard others say Mac is great so I was surprised. I really like their colours so it was disappointing. Maybe I will give them another chance grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now