Talk

Advanced search

How good is Palmer's cocoa butter?

(10 Posts)
fekq Fri 19-Jun-09 12:45:03

been offered a couple of bottles of it for free, and wondered whether it's the best thing to use in pregnancy (and is it safe?)

or should I use something specifically for pregnancy skin care and keep the Palmer's for afterwards?

your thoughts please?! don't mind buying something different if the free stuff's not so good

EldonAve Fri 19-Jun-09 14:54:36

it's safe and lovely - smells like chocolate

gymllfixit Fri 19-Jun-09 15:13:21

I used Palmer's through two pregnancies, and not a stretch mark insight. Brill stuff in my opinion.

bleh Fri 19-Jun-09 16:23:18

Amazing. It's really good stuff. But as a warning, even though it smells like chocolate, it doesn't taste like it, just so you know.

Rhubarb Fri 19-Jun-09 16:26:41

It's lovely. But unfortunately getting stretch marks is a genetic thing, if your mother had them then chances are that you'll get them too. No amount of creams will stop that.

Palmers does smooth out your skin though and leaves it feeling nice and soft!

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Fri 19-Jun-09 16:32:47

Agree with Rhubarb about SMs being genetic. However, I have tried many (mostly expensive) creams for stretch marks since pregnancy and this is the one product which has significantly improved their appearance and feel. Worth every penny and perfectly safe for pregnancy.

bebesequin Fri 19-Jun-09 20:09:24

Put on over 3 stone with DS used this stuff by the bucket and not a single stretch mark-swear by it- My mum got stretch marks with both her pregnancies and I have a few on my boobs from when I was a teenager so always presumed I would get more in pregnancy- I say try it much better than these expensive stretch mark specific creams

Clure Fri 19-Jun-09 20:52:09

yes, I love it rich and smells of white chocolate. I too used it on bump in pregnancy and didn't get one stretch mark

LadyAga Fri 19-Jun-09 20:54:31

It does make your skin very soft but does have a strong smell that lingers.

I used pure almond oil; it was cheaper, lasted longer and I didn't get a single stretch mark.

Although SM's are mostly likely genetic, but making sure you look after the quality of your skin and drinking lots of water to keep your skin hydrated will help minimise the damage.

hullygully Fri 19-Jun-09 20:55:38

It tastes quite odd compared to Anchor. I suggest a lot of marmalade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now