Talk

Advanced search

Help - finding an outfit for a "do" that will hide my proto-bump?

(4 Posts)
MyNameIsInigoMontoya Thu 18-Jun-09 21:20:20

Help please... I'm invited to a big family party in 2 weeks (not quite a wedding, but along the same lines just slightly less formal). Ideally I would like a dress or skirt, as there will be dancing.

Thing is if all goes well, I will be nearly 9 weeks pregnant, and will definitely have a bit of a tummy - I'm already quite bloaty now and can't sit comfortably with jeans done up, so I will definitely be a bit bulgy by then. (It's number 2 as well, so am likely to get bigger earlier than last time...) But I don't want all the extended family knowing so early, and don't want everyone staring at me and speculating all night!

So - can anyone suggest some good ways to camouflage my belly? Or if you have seen a nice outfit that would work I would love some suggestions please!

MrsTiggiwinkle Thu 18-Jun-09 22:08:52

Empire line dresses v. good for fitting at your thin bit and floating over your bump (or sagggy belly in my case).

MrsTiggiwinkle Thu 18-Jun-09 22:09:43

Not just saggy. Sagggy grin

Congratulations btw. Love "proto-bump".

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Sun 21-Jun-09 23:09:11

Thanks, I will see if I can find anything like that when I get a chance to shop!

Though am starting to wonder whether I have ANY chance of hiding the belly whatever I wear, as it's grown even more now and I am really starting to look pg, even though it's just 7 weeks blush
Hopefully some of it is just bloating or water retention and might go down a bit again, or is that wishful thinking...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now