Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bingo wings. What counts as normal and what counts as too much wobble?

(13 Posts)
OrmIrian Thu 18-Jun-09 18:12:10

I have quite toned upper arms. Not flabby as such and quite firmly muscled, but when I hold my arms out straight there is definite minimal sag. How much do you cover up? I want to wear sleeveless - I did today - but looking at my arms in the mirror in the ladies loo at work I wondered if I should.

What is the MN consensus?

expatinscotland Thu 18-Jun-09 18:13:13

I have about the same. I used to climb a lot and it's the best for banishing bingo wings. But I'm still not brave enough to go sleeveless.

ThePhantomPlopper Thu 18-Jun-09 18:13:56

My arms sound the same as yours and I wear sleeveless.

BitOfFun Thu 18-Jun-09 18:14:56

It's hard not to go sleeveless though, isn't it? I say bare all, just don't move your arms!

ThePhantomPlopper Thu 18-Jun-09 18:16:01

Just wave like the HRH and you'll be fine.

ThePhantomPlopper Thu 18-Jun-09 18:16:43

Just wave like the HRH, is what I meant to say.

OrmIrian Thu 18-Jun-09 18:18:51

I didn't give it a thought this morning when I got dressed - only when I took my jacket off in the office and suddenly felt exposed shock

It is hard bof - so many nice things are sleeveless or with minimal sleeves.

I sort of crave those skinny teeny arms with bones sticking out everywhere - but I think I am well passed that stage hmm Too much carrying toddlers and hefting shopping.

expatinscotland Thu 18-Jun-09 18:34:46

No, I don't go sleeveless. I used to be a size 6 UK, too, and now I'm a 14, I just don't wear a lot of stuff.

BodenGroupie Thu 18-Jun-09 21:41:42

It's funny how arms go flabby suddenly - they used to be one of my best bits but now I seem to live in cropped cardigans.

I used to swim a lot but life seems to have got in the way, which probably hasn't helped sad

lizandlulu Thu 18-Jun-09 22:25:32

i am an 18/20 and wear sleeveless, i couldnt not when its warm. life is too short to be worrying if your arms are too big, no one looks anyway.

js1000 Thu 18-Jun-09 23:22:27

TBH I wouldn't care much...your arms sound better then mine as i dont have muscles but I wear sleeveless all the time.I think it looks good toowink
just because we are ageing that doest mean that we cant look good. grin

moondog Thu 18-Jun-09 23:32:22

Go running
Best all over toner

OrmIrian Fri 19-Jun-09 09:37:32

I do moondog, I do! Which is why they aren't worse then they are I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now