Talk

Advanced search

Bridesmaids dresses for 13yo - neither grown-up nor little-girly - a style challenge!

(9 Posts)
castille Thu 18-Jun-09 15:08:47

Next year my DDs are to be bridesmaids for my sister. They are v excited, but DD1, who will be nearly 13, has already asked what sort of dress she will have because she doesn't want to look babyish. She is tall, slim and grown-up looking for her age.

So what sort of style should we be looking for that will suit her and 10yo DD2? Bearing in mind that I don't want them to look older than they are, and DD2 is much more girly than DD1...

They will need to be shop bought as we live abroad so can't do fittings etc

<asks the impossible>

PortAndLemon Thu 18-Jun-09 15:22:24

What about one of these? Don't know what the price is, though.

Or you could go for one of these as they ship to the UK (and possibly to wherever you are). Each design has a child version, a teenage version and an adult version so you could put DD2 in the child dress and DD1 in the teenage dress. Pity the exchange rate isn't as good as it once was...

meep Thu 18-Jun-09 15:38:49

Monsoon?

sweetheart Thu 18-Jun-09 15:45:39

I really like Mori Lee for bridemaid dresses. Wbsite here

www.morilee.com/BridesmaidCollections.aspx

meep Thu 18-Jun-09 15:46:03

bhs?

castille Thu 18-Jun-09 16:22:06

Oh I didn't think Monsoon did dresses in tweenager sizes, that's good to know as I think my sister was thinking along those lines for her grown up bridesmaids.

Some of the others are lovely too, great. The teenage dresses are great, I'm sure there will be something there she'd like. It'll be interesting to see what passes her cool test and is also liked by my sister... thanks allsmile

PortAndLemon Thu 18-Jun-09 16:29:30

Monsoon only go up to size 12-13 in their girls' range, I think, so if your DD1 is particularly tall they may not fit.

LIZS Thu 18-Jun-09 16:41:30

We had same problem matching 7yr old dd and sil's niece aged 10 (and size 10). Ended up at BHS but we did try some lovely strappy ones with chiffon bolero jackets

castille Thu 18-Jun-09 16:57:11

Oddly Monsoon don't include the 12-13 size in their size guide.

But she's about 152cm now, age 11.8, so this time next year she could be a approaching 160cmshock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now