Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have these Birkenstocks? What did you think?

(10 Posts)
LovingTheRain Thu 18-Jun-09 09:16:56

I saw the Papillio floridas in the shoe shop yesterday and am now thinking getting a pair of these and wondered how comfy there were? Any feedback much appreciated grin

LovingTheRain Thu 18-Jun-09 09:17:54

sorry, that should say how comfy they are

EyeballsandherSunburntNorks Thu 18-Jun-09 09:25:46

I don't have those, have only Gizehs and Madrids but just wanted to say 'boy, you're really embracing the Birkis, aren't you! Didn't you only buy your first pair yesterday?' wink

I find that the more substantial the straps, the easier they are to wear so they look as if they'd be very comfy to me.

KnitterInTheNW Thu 18-Jun-09 09:33:51

I don't have the ones you linked to, but had some fake ones from debenhams a couple of years ago that had the same straps, and they were v comfy. I got these this year and they're super comfy, agree that having a strap across the arch of your foot makes them stay on and not slide around.

swissmiss Thu 18-Jun-09 09:34:30

I agree with Eyeball..., ime the ones with straps that come further up your foot are comfier (is that a word??), less flappy when you walk around.

I've got/had Arizona (2 strap), Gizah (toe post) and ones similar to Florida (3 strap) but laced up instead of buckles.

Sounds like you've caught the bug Loving! I've been wearing them for 20 yrs now shock and still love them. They beat Crocs (which I also have) anyday.

KnitterInTheNW Thu 18-Jun-09 09:35:08

Oh - link didn't work properly. I got Mayari.

LovingTheRain Thu 18-Jun-09 09:56:47

Thanks ladies. I am indeed embracing the Birkis eyeballs I am still wearing in my gizeh ones. I saw the florida ones yesterday but didn't get them, but am considering nipping in this morning to buy them. Then even if i don't wear them in this summer, they'll still be new for next year (Although i am hoping my gizeh pair will last longer than a year!)

swissmiss - have crocs also, been wearing crocs for about 3 years now and still love them as they are soo comfy.

I only just discovered birkenstocks at the weekend when someone had a pair on at a bbq - i also saw another pair of gizeh with tiny pink flowers on. Am going to stop myself from buying those but might have to before the summer is out as i guess they don't do the same designs two years running do they? <<hopeful emotion>>

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 18-Jun-09 09:59:23

I have some the same style as that and they are really very comfy.

I wear them when I know I will be on my feet alot, much comfier for all day than Madrids.

LovingTheRain Thu 18-Jun-09 11:53:54

I went and bought them! Am not going to wear them in for now but i have them now. They are super comfy grin

mejon Thu 18-Jun-09 13:00:36

I've got pink ones I got off QVC blush a few years ago. I've worn them to death but they are extremely comfy. I really love the patent colours around at the moment but they only seem to be available in the Madrids which I don't like the look of (need more foot support) or the Gizehs which are OK but again don't look as if they'd give as much support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now