Talk

Advanced search

your best holiday buys...go on share!

(9 Posts)
spiderinthebath Wed 17-Jun-09 21:16:31

Just been drooling over some things on the Monsoon website and bookmarking some things for payday...just wondering what you have bought for hols this year and what I may need.....am going to get a pretty scarf for thin hair + sun...and kaftan type floaty cover up. Anyone tried the once a day suncream?

HolyGuacamole Wed 17-Jun-09 21:22:16

Can highly recommend Piz Buin oil free suntan lotion, it's brilliant. It dries in straight away and doesn't leave you all sticky and shiny or mark your clothes.

janeite Wed 17-Jun-09 21:24:36

I have only bought a bikini so far, so am watching your thread with interest! I want a cover up but I want it to be 100% cotton and with no sleeves.

ThePhantomPlopper Wed 17-Jun-09 21:29:30

I've got a bikini (need 1-2 more), some white linen trousers from Gap, waterproof mascara and that's it.

spiderinthebath Wed 17-Jun-09 21:54:54

OMG cannot believe I managed to post that 3 times, am total loser!

spiderinthebath Thu 18-Jun-09 11:42:07

any good wedge sandals?

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Thu 18-Jun-09 13:51:13

Melissa Odabash strapless beach dress for £9 from TK Maxx. Couple of jersey dresses for evening which will look fab with tan and simple accessories.

Bought some gorgeous stuff last year - beach dresses, strappy sandals and expensive bikinis so haven't really bought much this year for my hols. Much to DH's absolute surprise!!

Can recommend the scarf for thin/dry/coloured hair. I wore one every day last year, together with smothering my hair in a product by Kerastase to protect hair, and it really made a difference. Also looks tres chic

A pair of strappy gold or silver flat leather sandals will go with everything in your holiday wardrobe and are so much nicer and stylish to wear than heels - especially if you are chasing after younger DCs

Maxi dresses always feel fab - all floaty and elegant (as opposed to mad old bint escaped from local rest home still wearing nightdress.....which is the feeling I can't escape when I wear one in the UK!!)

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Thu 18-Jun-09 13:54:32

oh and you can never go wrong with a lovely shawl/pashmina to wear around your shoulders in the evening. I always wear one on the flight out too as the aircon always seems unbearably vigorous, imo. Also comes into its own for draping over tired DCs or rolling up to use as makeshift pillow.

spiderinthebath Tue 23-Jun-09 11:27:54

ooooh thanks Mrs John all very good tips - have ordered a few things from new look including maxi dress and sandals, got bikini from monsoon (decided only family seeing tummy!) can you remember what product you put in hair called? might as well do that, good chance to treat hair!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now