Talk

Advanced search

Those minerals foundations - have you tried one, which one, wht did you t hink?

(16 Posts)
MamaG Wed 17-Jun-09 19:46:14

look interesting

CurryMaid Wed 17-Jun-09 19:48:07

Yes.

I've tried the L'oreal one and another one I can't remember.

The first one I tried was too dark and looked stupid, although it did give good coverage.

I stupidly bought a different one off an orange-faced woman who swore it wouldn't be too dark and make me look like I'd been tangoed.

It did.

I'm not sure if they make them pale enough for me - as I say the coverage is good but the colour was not. Also found I was left with a big white ring around my mouth hmm

Curiousmama Wed 17-Jun-09 19:49:54

Yes they do mini samples on one website and I got a few off there. They were ok but i needed a bit more coverage.

CurryMaid the site I bought them off do very pale ones I'll try and remember which one it was?

MamaG Wed 17-Jun-09 19:50:28

Sounds great currymaid! Lol at the white ring

Don't think I'll bother

CurryMaid Wed 17-Jun-09 19:50:35

Thanks curious, in theory I like them - specially for the summer when foundation and powder is a bit much.

Curiousmama Wed 17-Jun-09 19:51:26

It's Lily Lolo site...doh just had to look in my make up bag blush

Wolfcub Wed 17-Jun-09 19:51:52

I tried the number 7 one, it's great but it is a little dark and it's the lightest shade. It blends really well though so there are no lines but I still wouldn't wear it if I had my hair up!

Curiousmama Wed 17-Jun-09 19:52:23

lily lolo

theDreadPirateRoberts Wed 17-Jun-09 19:53:15

Loreal - v bad - patchy colour, chalky
Lily Lolo - v good, especially for blue pale people

Am also trying out collection 2000 atm - which is surprisingly good for a fiver, although it doesn't stay on as well as the Lily Lolo.

CurryMaid Wed 17-Jun-09 19:53:40

Thank you curious.

theDreadPirateRoberts Wed 17-Jun-09 19:54:53

Don't understand Currymaid's white ring though? Don't you just flatten your mouth like a Les Dawson wife and go up to the line?

fleacircus Wed 17-Jun-09 19:54:55

Currymaid, I use Lily Loly and really like it. I'm pretty pale, I got samples of the two lightest initially and then a full size pot of the best match.

Curiousmama Wed 17-Jun-09 19:55:00

You're welcome CM, I see they do porcelain smile

CurryMaid Wed 17-Jun-09 19:57:17

I can't believe we're discussing my white ring!!

I must have a very ridgey mouth, couldn't get up to the line with the brush, if that makes any sense.

KingRolo Wed 17-Jun-09 19:57:19

I got a Maybelline one and it was awful. The powder just sort of stuck to my face and no matter what I did with it it seemed to highlight every imperfection (and there are a few of em believe me!) so I threw it away.

I like the idea, I just don't think they suit me some how. I am not good with make up. sad smile

theDreadPirateRoberts Wed 17-Jun-09 20:17:25

CM - you could try one of the pad things LL do instead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now