Talk

Advanced search

can someone explain how bravissimo fitting works? Does everyone come out with a MUCH BIGGER cup size than they thought they had??

(20 Posts)
Spink Wed 17-Jun-09 13:47:11

I've just been and fitted as a 32FF. Thought I was a 36D. The woman explained they didn't use a tape measure, and I am definitely not 32 inches around my ribs - so how does it work?? the bra did fit, and norks were lifted, but the size thing seemed so odd..

Spink Wed 17-Jun-09 14:47:26

boob

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 14:49:02

its normally the way.
people dont like to think their tits are bigger so go up a back size, but tits still pour out of cups.
the cup sizes alter as the back size go on so a 32E is a LOT smaller cup than a 18 E

this is somthign men cannot grasp

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 14:49:34

lol 38 E

MamaG Wed 17-Jun-09 14:56:42

lol at 18E

Fig's right btw

Spink Wed 17-Jun-09 15:06:24

Ah.. that's funny, i'd much rather see myself as big norked and small backed, so I prefer the 32ff sizing to 36D. You know, if forced to choose grin

thanks for clarifying. Bit spooky the way they look you up and down and somehow get it just right..

nappyaddict Wed 17-Jun-09 15:26:03

You'd be surprised. I bet if you took a tape measure out now and measured around your back and under your boobs you would come out near 32 inches.

Spink Wed 17-Jun-09 17:32:10

nappy I measured and I'm about 33 1/2.. oh the confusion

Spink Wed 17-Jun-09 17:33:32

I guess that is nearer to 32 than 36. But still, shouldn't it have been 34? maybe I should just stop with the questions and trust the wisdom of Bravissimo

Fimbo Wed 17-Jun-09 17:40:26

Spink they measured me at 32FF too. The bra I got from them killed me round the middle, bright red marks from where it was digging in, it used to be a relief to get it off. Plus the bra I ended up with was like something a granny would wear. I am now wearing 36E's from Debenhams and much more comfy and non granny like.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Wed 17-Jun-09 17:45:44

Fimbo, I think one of the difficulties is defining what you want from a bra.

if you want the bra to take the weight of your boobs as opposed to your shoulders the back strap has to have a firm hold or else it rides up and all the weight is held by the shoulder straps.

My mum has big dents in her shoulders where her shoulders have taken the weight for years.

it took me about 3 weeks to get used to being held by the bra but I have to say I get less neck, upper back pain than I did before I changed.

I went in as a 38 DD and came out as a 32G
Fitted the same by John Lewis and Debenhams
M&S insisted I should be a 38 back size even though her tape measure showed 32 directly under my bust.

sweetnitanitro Wed 17-Jun-09 17:51:10

It depends on the style of bra too, I have some in 28FF and some in 30F and they all fit. A Bravissimo lady told me 'you can't measure volume with a tape measure' which seems infinitely more sensible than that 'add 5 inches' nonsense that they do in a lot of places.

Greyskull is right, the back strap is meant to take most of the weight of your boobs. Don't forget as well that the elastic will give a bit as you wear it.

fatjac Wed 17-Jun-09 19:15:55

I went from a 40B to a 36D. My boobs were raised from my waist to just under my chin.

nappyaddict Wed 17-Jun-09 20:12:30

If you are between sizes sometimes you will be 32, sometimes 34.

LupusinaLlamasuit Wed 17-Jun-09 20:16:40

Theory 1: they are right and everyone SHOULD be wearing their bras MUCH tighter than we are used to

Theory 2: if you have a distinct Bravissimo size, and fewer other shops stock 'those' sizes, you're only gonna buy bras from there, aren't you?

Either way, it's a great business model isn't it? grinhmm

fleacircus Wed 17-Jun-09 20:19:51

See, theory 2 has a lot to recommend it. But I look better and my back feels better so I don't care.

LupusinaLlamasuit Wed 17-Jun-09 20:22:51

Have to agree, despite my cynicism. Their sizing does work for me too. But they're coining it in.

Spink Wed 17-Jun-09 20:25:20

hmm, well 32FFs seem to be reasonably easy to get hold of (the bras not the boobs) - a quick check on figleaves gives me a choice of 238 styles. so not sure about theory 2. But I like it anyway grin, a sucker for conspiracy theories...

MadHairDay Wed 17-Jun-09 20:35:21

I went from a 34B to a 32D, and whilst being in shock at going up 2 cup sizes (was secretly quite pleased grin ) the fit is so much better - yes tight round the back but holds the norks very nicely in place and just feels nicer to wear. M&S is crap - no idea at all.

TheCrackFox Wed 17-Jun-09 20:38:52

I went up from a 38DD to a 32F. I don't know how it works but I have a waist that I had forgotten about. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now