Talk

Advanced search

Colourful, funky style for toddler?

(16 Posts)
EverythingsPink Wed 17-Jun-09 13:24:38

Any suggestions for where to get nice, funky clothes for 18m old girl please? As a baby, people would compliment me on her colourful, quirky style - but my standards seem to have slipped and she's now usually found in bland pinks and whites!!

I'm a bit strapped for cash but i notice the other kids at nursery all seem to be dressed in a rainbow of colours and patterns - where are the other mums shopping??! Obviously not George and M&S like me!!

Any ideas? Thanks

TheFool Wed 17-Jun-09 13:26:10

h&m

mrswoolf Wed 17-Jun-09 13:37:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Wed 17-Jun-09 13:38:17

vertbaudet online..

missblythe Wed 17-Jun-09 14:19:15

John Lewis
Zara
H&M
Minimode and Molly & Jack (both at boots or www.minimode.co.uk)

TheChewyToffeeMum Wed 17-Jun-09 18:51:59

Hmmm - I find George quite good for brights but you do have to wade through the pastels to find it. Next have some just now too.

shhhh Wed 17-Jun-09 19:03:22

Next have a few brights atm. Just bought dd some cropped shorts that are turquoise (also do fuschia and white) and I am teaming them with a fuschia short sleeved hooded top. I have also bought a set of 4 tops for £10 {shock]. Turquoise, green, fuschia and white. They also do funky stripped tops in the same bright colours.. hth x

PortAndLemon Wed 17-Jun-09 19:12:06

Nordic Kids lovely but pricey. Rainbow Babies good for range of colours at low prices, but no patterns. Jako-O (online) tend to have more interesting clothes than the UK mainstream.

PacificDogwood Wed 17-Jun-09 19:12:53

TKMaxx blush delivers for me every time. I am sick and tired of navy blues and khaki for boys and they do some quirky stuff in all colours of the rainbow for young kids. Obviously, it IS TKMAXX, so a bit hit and miss... but cheap grin

PortAndLemon Wed 17-Jun-09 19:30:10

In winter I find Asda and Matalan have very nice pinafore dresses (DD has a red knitted pinafore dress from Asda that I really love) but they are less impressive in summer.

This dress from Debenhams is nice and bright and is 20% off right now. Or I like the bright one of these.

hazeyjane Wed 17-Jun-09 19:33:15

I dye a lot of dd's clothes, dark green and purple and colours you don't often see for lo's (they look great in black!), also means you can buy cheap pink/white stuff and make it look really different. The only trouble is i get a bit carried away and end up dying half of their clothes and mine, and we look like the VonTrapp family in matching outfitsblush

geordieminx Wed 17-Jun-09 19:36:29

h&m, zara, sainsbo's, asda, tesco, next, matalan, m&s,

blinks Wed 17-Jun-09 23:21:24

ditto H&M.

EverythingsPink Thu 18-Jun-09 13:37:44

Thanks for the suggestions. shhh - really like the idea of turquoise -a welcome alternative to pink! And the suggestion of dying things is great - but do you do a whole washing load or just the odd item in a bucket??

Agree that Asda tend to have better stuff in winter - DD also has fab red wooly dress from there and a navy dress that had multicoloured stripey top for underneath. Seems much easier in winter as you can liven up a fairly plain outfit with a colourful cardi or tights.

Off to H&M...

stripeypineapple Thu 18-Jun-09 13:43:11

If you can afford it Oilily do the brightest, most colourful kids clothes ever. Look for them on ebay to get them a bit cheaper.

PortAndLemon Thu 18-Jun-09 15:05:24

Have just been into town and Gap have a sale on at the moment with a lot of stuff at 50% off (this or the outlet shop is the only time I buy Gap). They have quite a lot of bright stuff this season, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now