Talk

Advanced search

Hair dye help please!

(3 Posts)
JumpingJellyfish Wed 17-Jun-09 11:20:44

I am going grey, and sort of prematurely being that I turn 30 in a couple of weeks. I have mid-dark brown, long hair, which is nice and shiny and straight and often commented on. I feel too young to let the grey "hang out" so want to start dyeing before it gets too obvious (my Dad who had similar hair went completely grey by 33).
But... it appears I am allergic to hair dyes I have tried 2 permanent hair dyes from a chemist, done the allergy test to have a strong skin reaction.

What next? Can I use Henna? Will henna cover greys?

Help please!! Thanks x

quirkychick Wed 17-Jun-09 11:44:02

There is a good website about grey hair here it also has tips on colouring/ allergy to dye and using henna. I have been going grey since I was 18, I haven't yet given in but if you have problems with dye there may be some tips here.

I would go to a hair salon, maybe an organic one and see what they recommend. Once you start dyeing it is a commitment in terms of time and money, though.

LaCerbiatta Wed 17-Jun-09 12:16:15

I can't praise Surya Henna enough!
It's not permanent, unlike opther semi permanent dyes doesn't make your hair go progressively darker until it's almost balck (was happenning to me) and covers grey hairs better than supermarket dyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now