Talk

Advanced search

i cant wear shoes any advice?

(6 Posts)
mothersmilk Wed 17-Jun-09 10:56:47

i can wear skyscraper heels i can wear sandals, flip flops i can wear flat boots high boots the lot but i just can wear flat "shoes" i get the worst blisters on the backs of my feet iv just bought a very nice sensible work shoes from clarks thinking they wouldnt do it i wore them yesterday and im now in agony have i just wasted another £50? can i rescue them?

HaventSleptForAYear Wed 17-Jun-09 10:58:03

Are you wearing them with bare feet?

I find that shoes that I wore all winter kill my feet barefoot in summer.

Could you wear them round the house with tights to wear them in a bit?

bamboobutton Wed 17-Jun-09 10:59:47

wear them with those clear blister plasters, i use them to prevent blisters when i get new shoes.

Queenoftheharpies Wed 17-Jun-09 11:03:49

Compeed blister plasters have revolutionised my shoe-wearing life. You can also buy things that look like plasters that you stick on the inside of your shoe to flatten down any seams that might be rubbing.

Alternatively you can sometimes soften the bit of the shoe that's rubbing by applying some soap to it.

fishie Wed 17-Jun-09 11:24:57

you can get sticky-backed furry stuff called moleskin from foot area in boots. you cut it and put it where the shoe is rubbing. maybe you have got narrow heels?

bundle Wed 17-Jun-09 11:26:04

put a strip of the 'fluffy' bit of stick-on velcro inside the bit that rubs and wear tights or socks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now