Talk

Advanced search

Jo Malone perfume ...

(8 Posts)
Galava Tue 16-Jun-09 12:33:36

Recently treated myself to a bottle of this, but the smell seems to wear off very quickly.

Anybody else found this ?

barbie1 Tue 16-Jun-09 12:35:46

phone the store and ask how long the smell should last, sometimes there might just be a dud bottle....normally the smell should last for 4 hours at least...my jo malone lasted for about 6 hours

Buda Tue 16-Jun-09 12:37:58

Is it that you can't smell it yourself? I use Jo Malone too and used it recently going out one night and then a friend hugged me the following day and commented on it - I couldn't smell it at all at that stage but she still noticed it.

Galava Tue 16-Jun-09 12:41:41

Thats a really good idea, thanks Barbie.

6 hours wow ... its the white mint and jasmine one, I've just sprayed some on now and I'm timing it.

I think I'll be lucky to get 3 hours sad.

Galava Tue 16-Jun-09 12:42:49

I had thought that too Buda, but DS who is my style guru said he couldnt smell it either.

barbie1 Tue 16-Jun-09 12:58:44

i worked for the company that owns jo malone wink call up the london store and just ask how long it should last....Tell them how disappointed you are that after an hour the smell fades and you wont recommend them....see how quickly they try to do something to help you wink

Let me know how you get on, if you need to the number yell

Galava Tue 16-Jun-09 13:16:52

Hmmm. Disappointing.

Called the London number and they transferred me to customer support.

Apparantly they can't say how long a fragrance should last, apparantly everyone is different and it depends on the interaction my natural body oils have on the fragrance hmm

A couple of hours is acceptable in their opinion hmm

Anyway, I can return it for a full refund if I want, although I have used a good third of it grin

Using the 'disappointed' 'wont recommend or buy again' lines didnt seem to have much effect !

Hey ho ! I think I'll probably keep it, its very nice for the time that it lasts.

But I wont be buying again as I'm obviously not naturally compatible with it !

Thanks for the advice though.

howtotellmum Tue 16-Jun-09 14:07:37

Most colognes ( or is it perfume you have?) last only a couple of hours. If you have got the perfume it should last longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now