Hello I had whole head highlights done late May. Like the overall effect although the main highlights at the front start about a CM off my head so looked like they had root re-growth straight away.
1. Is that normal? 2. I've got an event to go to early July. Is it too soon to have the re-growth touched up? 3. The hairdresser said that next time I come (for touch up) I would only need 'half a head'. Does this mean she just does the rooty bits - or does she go over the whole hair? 4. How do they identify the bits of hair done and the bits of hair not done? 5. Could I have more highlights? To give a blonder effect?
1. No. I have had this and it's annoying. 1cm sounds a bit much. I would mention it next time, or if you are feeling brave pop in and discuss your concerns, although I guess it's a bit late for that this time. (I complained once about highlights and had them re-done for free, that was only a few days later though.)
2. Bit early (ie you don't really need to have touch ups that soon, but in view of "1" abive I reckon will be fine.
3. Half head is just top section of the hair (i.e. the part that shows if you wear it down. If you wear your hair up a lot, ask for sone highlights in the airline at the back (by your neck) as well. Some hairdressers just go over the rooty bits, some do the whole strand when re-doing. I think it depends on condition of hair and strength of colour - not good to apply bleach based colour to whole length, or necessary I guess.
4. I think they just visually identify the dark bits and do those?
5. You could always ask for a lighter shade next time, and say you would like a lighter effect.