Talk

Advanced search

BIKINI/SWIMWEAR needed for following body shape...

(7 Posts)
notnowbernard Sun 14-Jun-09 20:08:56

Size 12

36C bust (deflated balloon type)

Hourglass shape but with a bad stomach (flabby and NOT toned in any way - presentable if standing up straight and sucked in but that's as good as it gets)

I have no idea, I rarely wear swimwear unless I am at a pool and that's a plain black costume job

TIA! smile

janeite Sun 14-Jun-09 20:15:48

I have just bought one in M&S - cup sized top with under-wiring and then a choice of pants (I went for the big ones!).

here but I bought big plain blue pants with a yellow trim. Can't find them on the site but they are surprisingly flattering for a mummy-tummy.

I wear a bikini once a year at most, so I went for the cheapest I could find.

duckyfuzz Sun 14-Jun-09 20:20:34

I have last year's version of this and am size 14

notnowbernard Sun 14-Jun-09 20:38:25

Thanks

I like the Boden one - bit pricey, but might try something with a similar cut

M&S one is nice, I just can't imagine my exposed abdomen in it shock

Are tankinis any good? Never worn one

janeite Sun 14-Jun-09 20:41:54

If you're only a size 12 you won't have that much abdomen to expose!!! Picture it with bigger pants (like 1950s swimwear) rather than those skimpy ones pictured.

Where are you going? Last year in Greece nearly everybody wore a bikini, whatever their size. The ones who stood out were the women in black one pieces. Cod lectured me about this a lot last year and she was right.

notnowbernard Sun 14-Jun-09 20:49:45

I do see your point Janeite smile

I'm not saying I'm fat or anything just have that awful post-dc over hang, which has zero tone to it

Ok will keep looking...

notnowbernard Mon 22-Jun-09 21:39:25

Got one from Next in the end

BAndeau style (with tie round the neck) I NEVER would have thought this would work with my shape before... but grabbed a load to try on and was by far the most flattering

I forget that my boobs are now so different post-dc. Was DD before and am now a (deflated) C. So am 'smaller' and can get away with different style. Tie-neck gives adequate 'lift'

Just need to pray for sunshine now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now