Talk

Advanced search

Salon tan and highlights - ok if 13 wks pregnant??

(6 Posts)
Thingiebob Sun 14-Jun-09 16:11:09

I'm getting married and will be 13 weeks pregnant. I really, really want to get a salon tan for my day as I am naturally very fair. I've never had one done before so a bit nervous but I also want to know if this is safe whilst pregnant?

I'm also planning on dyeing my hair and getting highlights at my hairdressers - this is ok, is not?

Thanks

suwoo Sun 14-Jun-09 16:17:20

I've done both in my three pregnancies. I am having a tan in acouple of weeks for a wedding. I will be a big fat 34 weeks grin

Thandeka Sun 14-Jun-09 16:18:30

Salon tan I would have thought not because of the chemicals covering so much skin which could be absorbed. But this says diff- http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/lookinggood/beauty/faketanexpert/ Highlights are debatable too.

Also if you have never had one done before you should probably think about a practice one first in case you hate it on your big day!

Congrats on the wedding and baby though!

suwoo Sun 14-Jun-09 16:20:49

The salon I am going to said it was fine.

<<realises, that perhaps beauty technicians might not be the appropriate people to take advice from hmm>>

Spraytangirl Tue 16-Jun-09 21:01:47

Hiya ,

Its fine to do a spray tan after the first trimester, I would recommend you have your highlights done first and then the tan a few days later

try spraytansforyou.co.uk they are mobile so they come to you and are offering tester tan and tan for brides at £45

Thingiebob Wed 17-Jun-09 14:48:53

Hi
thanks for your advice - I have arranged to have a practice run tomorrow at a salon.
I'm quite nervous especially as I am pretty wobbly and pregnant. I shaved my legs and tidied up other areas...
Any other tips or advice?
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now