Talk

Advanced search

sheer cover mineral makeup

(10 Posts)
js1000 Sun 14-Jun-09 12:18:13

Was watching it on tele last night....... ..http://www.sheercover.co.uk/ - is it any good? intro offer looks good,is it really worth it. I ve tried revlon mineral foundation,didnt really like it.....what is your fav.?

bishboschone Sun 14-Jun-09 14:08:22

i always watch that advert with fascination. I wear loreal and find it does make me look like the sheer cover but you look very made up..I only wear it in the evenings..but I do love it !

mrsmaidamess Sun 14-Jun-09 14:26:10

I've seen that ad, but what puts me off is that you get a whole load of colours and you have to mix your own. Also you get tied into a 3 monthly renewal contract.

It's all airbrushing on the ad anyway.

mrsmaidamess Sun 14-Jun-09 14:26:33

Oh and I use no 7 mineral.

js1000 Mon 15-Jun-09 09:37:51

it think i m gonna leave it as i didnt know about contract......pl. suggest some other brands other than revlon.

Crumpets Mon 15-Jun-09 09:41:39

The Laura Mercier mineral stuff is really good.

CMOTdibbler Mon 15-Jun-09 09:42:45

I really like Lily Lolo, and the do 99p trial pots so you can try the different shades etc

foofi Mon 15-Jun-09 09:44:20

I have used sheercover for years - I think it's excellent, but it's quite hard to get hold of so I'm currently trying the Laura Mercier mineral foundation instead. It's not quite as good as sheercover imo.

foofi Mon 15-Jun-09 09:46:30

You don't have to be tied into the contract by the way - you just phone them and tell them to put your account 'on hold' which means they never send any out to you again unless you reactivate it. After that, you don't need to buy the full starter kit, just the items you want. However, they don't always have the single items available, which is why I decided to try a brand more readily available on the high street.

Can't recommend sheercover highly enough as a product though.

RamblingRosa Mon 15-Jun-09 10:32:54

I second Lilylolo. I.D Bare escentuals is good too. Try to get one with just minerals and less other stuff. A lot of the high street brands like l'oreal and revlon have loads of other rubbish in there too. Also, make sure you have a good brush.
I've never heard of sheer cover. Where did you see the ad?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now